Programming Fundamentals (Foundations for Data Science)
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Stanford Center for Professional Development.Full disclaimer.
R is a free programming language and software environment used for statistical computing and graphics. R is widely used by data analysts, statisticians, and data scientists around the world. This course covers an introduction to R, from installation to basic statistical functions. You will learn to work with variable and external data sets, write functions, and hear from one of the co-creators of the R language, Robert Gentleman.
- Working with data types and variables
- Vectors, matrices, lists, and data frames
- Data import
- Logical statements: loops, repeats, and functions
- Data plotting and visualization
- Introduction to basic statistical functions and packages