Programme in European Data Protection
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management.Full disclaimer.
Your benefits Individual
- The knowledge Acquire essential knowledge in the five domains of practice necessary for managing and implementing GDPR compliance and for accomplishing various DPO activities.
- The quality of the lecturers Benefit from leading practitioners and legal experts who share their wealth of knowledge.
- A significant career boost Boost your career trajectory with the knowledge acquired and the contacts established throughout the programme.
Your benefits organisation
- Accelerated GDPR compliance Enterprises require cost-effective implementation that focuses on the essentials and that build sustainable compliance.
- GDPR implementation cycle Beyond the legal requirements, a GDPR implementation requires a collection of multi-disciplinary skills and capabilities to develop and execute on the GDPR roadmap.
- GDPR body of knowledge The essential GDPR domains of knowledge are covered for meeting GDPR compliance in all industries including public services, NGO and private enterprises.
Mastering the complete GDPR implementation cycle is essential for a successful education.
This programme covers five domains of knowledge necessary for a robust Data Protection activitiy.
LEGAL AND MANAGEMENT REQUIREMENTS
Business objectives are combined with the GDPR to identify. Data Protection requirements.
- GDPR Principles
- Regulation detailed – walkthrough, including for example :
- DPO Position and Tasks
- Relationship with processors and sub-processors
- Data Protection by Design
RESPONSE & BREACH MANAGEMENT
Response management and breach handling activities require due care and adequate preparation.
- Security operations centre
- Data Breach requirements
- Incident/Response Plan
- Incident Handling standards
- Key performance indicators
- Incident Management guidance
RISK AND IMPACTASSESSMENT
Risk Assessment and Data. Protection Impact Assessment exercises shape the transformation activity.
- Risk Management
- Risk Scenario Analysis
- DPIA Walkthrough
- Practical real-life cases
INFORMATION SECURITY AND DATA PROTECTION
Build the secure platform within several architectural layers.
- Privacy threats and Privacy controls
- Security Fundamentals
- Differences CISO – DPO
- Sources of external threat
- Enterprise Security Architecture
- Cybersecurity processes
- Typical Shortcomings
- Practical cases
Transformation includes program and project management, process improvement and the implementation of adequate enablers to target protection levels.
- Governance enablers
- Practical implementation
- Transformation process
- Link to privacy frameworks
- Data Life Cycle Management
- Data Classification Process
Who should attend
The Programme in European Data Protection is dedicated to Data Protection Officers (DPO), legal experts and Lawyers, Information Security and Information Technology experts, enterprise and external auditors, Compliance Officers, General Managers and Financial Officers, Data Scientists and Data Management Professionals, Projects Managers and Enterprise Architects, Public Service personnel, Marketing Managers, Business Managers and Consultants that must comply with the GDPR regulations. See more details below.
Key admissions criteria
- Master degree
- And/or proof of senior professional experience