This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Leading to certified DPO
The Programme in European Data Protection is dedicated to Data Protection Officers (DPO), legal experts and Lawyers, Information Security and Information Technology experts, enterprise and external auditors, Compliance Officers, General Managers and Financial Officers, Data Scientists and Data Management Professionals, Projects Managers and Enterprise Architects, Public Service personnel, Marketing Managers, Business Managers and Consultants that must comply with the GDPR regulations. See more details below.
Your benefits Individual
- The knowledge Acquire essential knowledge in the five domains of practice necessary for managing and implementing GDPR compliance and for accomplishing various DPO activities.
- The quality of the lecturers Benefit from leading practitioners and legal experts who share their wealth of knowledge.
- A significant career boost Boost your career trajectory with the knowledge acquired and the contacts established throughout the programme.
Your benefits organisation
- Accelerated GDPR compliance Enterprises require cost-effective implementation that focuses on the essentials and that build sustainable compliance.
- GDPR implementation cycle Beyond the legal requirements, a GDPR implementation requires a collection of multi-disciplinary skills and capabilities to develop and execute on the GDPR roadmap.
- GDPR body of knowledge The essential GDPR domains of knowledge are covered for meeting GDPR compliance in all industries including public services, NGO and private enterprises.
The objective of this education is to develop knowledge and expertise in all facets related to the implementation of GDPR. The Programme in European Data Protection covers the five domains of knowledge through lectures, workshops, case discussions, group/personal work and personal essays.
Body of knowledge domains
The following domains are necessary for a robust Data Protection activity…
LEGAL AND MANAGEMENT REQUIREMENTS
Business objectives are combined with applicable regulations to identify Data Protection requirements.
- GDPR Requirements
- Data Protection Governance
- Data Subject Rights
- Processor and Controller Obligations
- DP Authorities
- DPA Landscape
- Practical GDPR Cases
- Management Briefing Exercise
RESPONSE & BREACH MANAGEMENT
Response management and breach handling activities require due care and adequate preparation.
- Response & Breach Management
- Data Breach Scenarios
- Incident Handling Exercise
RISK AND IMPACTASSESSMENT
Risk Assessment and Data Protection Impact Assessment exercises shape the transformation activity.
- Risk Management
- Impact Assessment
- Mitigation Recommendations
- Management Briefing Exercise
INFORMATION SECURITY AND DATA PROTECTION
Build the secure platform within several architectural layers.
- Privacy across the Enterprise
- Information Security Principles
- Information Security Management
- Data Management
Transformation includes program and project management, process improvement and the implementation of adequate enablers to target protection levels.
- Privacy Implementation
- Transformation and Metrics
- Specific Protection Contexts
- Frameworks Overview
- Data Classification and Management
- Capabilities and Metrics Exercise
- Processes and Organisations Exercise
Who should attend
The Programme in European Data Protection is dedicated to Data Protection Officers (DPO), legal experts and Lawyers, Information Security and Information Technology experts, enterprise and external auditors, Compliance Officers, General Managers and Financial Officers, Data Scientists and Data Management Professionals, Projects Managers and Enterprise Architects, Public Service personnel, Marketing Managers, Business Managers and Consultants that must comply with the GDPR regulations.
Key admissions criteria
- Master degree
- And/or proof of senior professional experience
Programme in European Data Protection (GDPR) - Georges Ataya