Programme in Development Finance
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with University of Stellenbosch Business School.Full disclaimer.
African countries often have inadequate and unsustainable financial resources to finance development needs. Unique development finance institutions (DFIs) are needed to help address these peculiar needs. However, many DFIs are ill-equipped to meet these needs, owing to the lack of adequately trained personnel to design, implement, monitor and evaluate these interventions or schemes.
In recognition of this critical skills gap, USB-ED has developed the Programme in Development Finance – a first for Africa. It offers a unique learning experience that is both theoretical and practical, and creates an opportunity for the industry to share knowledge, develop skills and build the needed capacity to address Africa’s growing development finance needs.
What does it cover
After completing the programme, you will be equipped to:
- assess and evaluate development finance, especially in Africa
- determine and evaluate the specific objectives and challenges of development finance, the structure of the development finance industry, and how development finance contributes to the betterment of living standards
- conduct an evaluation of development finance projects and schemes in terms of feasibility as well as outcomes
- defend management qualities within a development-specific framework
- create an industry network for the leveraging of existing initiatives and to uncover potential initiatives
Who should attend
The programme is aimed at managers who have not been trained in development finance and who want to enrich their knowledge of the development finance environment. It i s also suitable for individuals who wish to prepare themselves for a Postgraduate Diploma or Master’s degree in this field.