Who should attend
- Level 3 - New Managers
- Level 4 - Managers
- Level 5 - Senior Managers & Directors
About the course
This 2-day Professional Product Owner - Advanced (PSPO-A) course focuses on helping experienced practitioners expand their ability to establish a solid vision, validate their hypotheses, and ultimately deliver more value to their stakeholders. The PSPO-A course is intended for Product Owners who are looking to grow their knowledge and abilities.
The course goes beyond the topics explored in the Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) class by deepening the attendee's understanding of the role through the exploration of the many stances of a professional Product Owner. This course is an interactive, experiential workshop where attendees explore topics through a series of exercises and discussions. Students should have at least one year of Product Owner experience and a practical knowledge of Scrum in order to participate in and benefit from these exercises. Having previously taken the PSPO class is recommended, but not required.
The course also includes a free attempt at the globally recognized Professional Scrum Product Owner II certification exam (PSPO II).
Mastering the Product Owner Stances. The Product Owner's role is multifaceted, requiring the practitioner to engage in behaviors and adopt mindsets beyond the core of Agility and the Scrum Framework. This course surfaces these behaviors by challenging the student to adopt several different Product Owner stances:
· Customer Representative - focused on understanding customer problems, challenges and potential opportunities
· Visionary - communicating the vision, future state and possibilities in ways that foster common understanding
· Experimenter - focusing on innovation, hypothesis testing and validating potential value to spark product innovation
· Influencer - communicating with and influencing stakeholders, customers and the Scrum Team to act with common purpose
· Collaborator - seeking input, ideas and feedback from others
Decision Maker - focusing on creating maximum impact by making clear choices and decisions
· Practicing Product Owners will learn different stances a Product Owner takes in order to navigate everyday challenges
· Attendees leave knowing how to best identify and serve various groups of stakeholders and what competencies are expected. In order to aid in this journey, modern complementary practices will be introduced through discussions, case studies, and exercises
· Students will leave with a clear path to moving forward in their Product Owner journey
· Gain a better understanding of how to use vision, value, and validation to create a competitive advantage for any product
Learn about the various types of stakeholders that Product Owners represent and how to best work with them
• Understanding your products
• Who are your customers?
• Connecting product features to customer outcomes
• Communicating the product vision and strategy
• Value and pricing models
• Innovation and experimentation
• Stakeholders and stakeholder management
• Agile governance, budgeting and contracting in relation to Scrum
• Scaling the Product Owner role
Sumeet Madan is a pragmatic change agent in the Agile transformation with over 15 years of rich experience in software engineering, agile coaching, training and consulting. He is an Agile consultant by profession and the Professional Scrum trainer (PST) from Scrum.org and also a SAFe Program Cons...
Naveen Kumar Singh is a Professional Scrum Trainer (PST) from Scrum.org, LeSS-Friendly Scrum Trainer (LFST) from LeSS, Certified Scrum Developer (CSD) trainer from Scrum Alliance, SAFe® Program Consultant (SPC), and ICAgile Trainer for Agile Coaching & DevOps. With more than 21 years of exper...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.