Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Anyone who wants to create an emotionally healthy, productive workplace and organizational culture to enhance their effectiveness and their ability to form trusting relationships and manage their frustrations and those of others at work. This Oxford Professional Leader training seminar will keep you current on recent, cutting-edge developments in leadership theory and practice, and help you better collaborate and manage conflict.
About the course
Gain the ability to recognize and positively manage emotions in yourself, in others and in groups!
Recent studies indicate that emotional intelligence is a powerful key to effective leadership. This valuable workshop delivers the in-depth knowledge and practical skills you need to ensure that you are a strong, emotionally intelligent leader. You will also learn how to apply emotional intelligence to specific leadership situations to gain the authority and success you strive for as a leader.
By the end of this Oxford training seminar, you will be able to:
- Gain an honest and accurate awareness of Yourself
- Monitor and adapt your own emotions and behaviours for your benefit and that of your Team & Department
- Have a positive influence on the emotions and motivation of others
- Develop cohesive, emotionally intelligent teams
- Create an atmosphere that fosters emotional intelligence
- Adaptability in dealing with different personalities
- Understand and apply the psychology of leadership
This Oxford Professional Leader training seminar will combine presentations with interactive practical exercises, supported by video material and case studies. Delegates will be encouraged to participate actively in relating the principles of emotional intelligence to the particular needs of their workplace.
- Improve teamwork and team-building skills through greater emotional intelligence
- Enhance cooperation through better relationship building skills
- Develop an emotionally intelligence work environment
- Learn how to cultivate emotional intelligence competencies
- Effectively manage your own emotions & emotions of others
- Personal growth as an emotionally intelligent leader
- Understand the different personality styles
DAY 1 Introduction to Emotional Intelligence
- Understanding Emotional Intelligence & its Components
- Significance of EQ to Effective Leadership
- Importance of Perception
- Attitudes & Behavior of Leaders
- Consequences of Low EQ to Personal Effectiveness
- Removing Emotional Blindspots
DAY 2 Psychology of Leadership
- Theories of Leadership
- Importance of Self-concept
- Understanding Personality Styles
- Optimizing our Personality Strengths
- Adaptability in Dealing with Different Personalities
- Task vs. Relationship Oriented Leadership
DAY 3 Apply Psychology in Leading in an Emotionally Intelligent Way
- Enhancing Self-awareness
- Empathy: Increase your Level of Social Awareness
- Delegating Tasks and Responsibilities
- Influencing and Inspiring People
- Identifying Personality Disorders
- Managing difficult Behaviour & Poor Performance
DAY 4 Building an Emotionally Intelligent Team based on Psychological Principles
- Importance of EQ to Team Effectiveness
- Motivating a High Performance Team
- Building Unified Teams
- EQ for Building Trusting Relationships
- Conflict Resolution for Promoting Consensus & Collaboration
- Increase the EQ of Your Teams & Entire Organisation
DAY 5 Communication for Successful Leadership
- Giving & Receiving Feedback
- Psychology of Persuasion
- Creating an Inspiring Vision
- Solving People Problems at Work
- Non-alienation for High EQ Leadership
- Developing Leadership Integrity
- Following attendance on the training seminar, you are required to complete a reflective review of your leadership style and how it impacts on those for whom you have responsibility
- You should bear in mind the topics covered on the training seminar
- The reflective review should culminate in an action plan which addresses any shortcomings in your style and/or impact and how you will attempt to mitigate these in the future
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.