Comprehensive course analysis
- What do past participants have to say about the course?
- How many participants were promoted within three years after graduation?
- How did this course affect participants' professional trajectories?
- How many participants got their salary increased within two years after completing the program?
- What do past participants have to say about the course?
Who should attend
Experienced coaches, team leaders and consultants.
About the course
Enable lasting organisational change by strengthening team relationships and processes with the Professional Certificate in Team, Board and Systemic Coaching.
- Experiment with different coaching tools, techniques and approaches that you can use within organisations
- Benefit from ongoing feedback, mentoring and supervision
- Develop your self-awareness and strengthen your capabilities and competencies
- Follow a programme that is accredited by the ICF (through the Henley ACTP programme)
The Professional Certificate in Team, Board and Systemic Coaching is an advanced executive coaching programme that helps you deliver change at a team and organisational scale.
By experimenting with tools, techniques and approaches, you will gain the skills needed to coach a diverse range of teams and maximise their potential. You will also learn how to work with stakeholders at all levels to deliver a 'ripple effect' across the organisation.
Accredited by the International Coach Federation (through the Henley ACTP programme), the course draws from the latest research on topics such as group dynamics and systemic thinking. Course content is delivered through workshops, self-study, team coaching practice, and individual and group mentoring.
The Henley Professional Certificate in Team, Board and Systemic Coaching is accredited by the International Coach Federation (ICF) and designed to form part two of the Henley Approved Coach Training Programme (ACTP), the Henley Postgraduate Certificate in Executive and Team Coaching, with part one being the Henley Professional Certificate in Executive Coaching.
Gain the skills, knowledge and competencies to coach a diverse range of teams
Improve your credibility as a professional coach
Understand inter-group relationships and the complexities of systems within organisations
Gain membership to the Henley Centre for Coaching
Develop high-performing teams that achieve real success
Enable teams to identify their purpose and understand how they add value to your organisation
Support organisational change and help drive results
The Professional Certificate in Team, Board and Systemic Coaching typically runs over nine months, part-time. It consists of eight days of workshop-based classroom learning as well as self-directed online study, mentor coaching and supervision sessions.
You will be assessed through a 40-60 minute live team coaching session.
Before your course starts, you will:
- Source potential team(s) for coaching practice
- Carry out relevant reading activities (team coaching books and articles)
- Access selected online resources
- Complete a psychometric questionnaire
PCTBSC: Workshop 1 (Introduction to team coaching)
In this workshop, you will explore:
- The business case for, and foundations underpinning, team coaching
- How to develop psychological safety
- Neuroscience in relation to teams
- ICF coaching competencies and latest thinking
- Coaching with boards
- Coaching diverse teams (including senior leadership, cross-functional, dispersed, temporary and virtual)
PCTBSC: Workshop 2 (Team coaching tools and techniques)
In this workshop, you will examine:
- Team coaching models and frameworks
- Contracting before and during team coaching
- Team coaching for future-fit organisations
- Agile and team coaching (the scrum coach and other frameworks)
- The importance of team coaching supervision
- System thinking, constellations and practice – how to work with challenging team dynamics and build deeper awareness
- Diversity in teams
PCTBSC: Workshop 3 (Team purpose, strategy, goals and values)
In this workshop, you will understand:
- Team purpose, strategy, goals and values
- The different ways of working, including team meetings and collective decision making
- How to design team coaching programmes
- Business development approaches
- Team learning, growth and innovation
- How to manage challenging team conversations and dynamics
- You will also participate in a virtual team coaching exercise and simulation.
Professor Andrew Kakabadse joined Henley Business School in July 2013 after 30 years at Cranfield School of Management, where he finished as Professor of International Management Development and was awarded the honour of Emeritus Professor. Andrew has consulted and lectured in the UK, Europe, ...
Professor Peter Hawkins is part-time Professor of Leadership at Henley Business School where he is researching next generation leadership and leadership development. He is also Visiting Professor at the Universities of Bath and Oxford Brookes. He is founder and Emeritus Chairman of Bath Consultan...
Jonathan is a chartered psychologist and holds five degrees, including an MBA and a doctorate in occupational psychology. His doctoral thesis focused on the coaching relationships and behaviours. His current research interests include coaching supervisor and ethics, neuroscience of coaching, coac...
Paul J Barbour is an executive and team coach. Paul’s interest in the psychology of teams began during a successful 20-year career as a senior leader in Kerry Group PLC, one of the world’s largest food and ingredients businesses. An award-winning student on the Henley MSc in Coaching & Behav...
In addition to being an accredited coach and team coach, Lucy Widdowson is Director of Performance Edge Partners Ltd and a global thought leader on team coaching. During a 30-year corporate career, Lucy worked at board level as an HR director and led award-winning teams. Lucy has developed a uni...
Ty Francis is founder and Director of Meus, an independent organisational development practice specialising in creative and collaborative approaches to whole-system transformation. He is passionate about supporting personal development as a foundation for deep-impact leadership and organisational...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.