This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Learn about our leadership development programme for small and medium-sized enterprises and book places for people in your organisation.
Productivity through People is an innovative programme designed by the School of Management and be the business, part of the Productivity Leadership Group.
We have designed the programme to support and invest in the business leaders of the future by:
- giving them access to the latest techniques, thinking and research
- giving them a framework to improve the competitiveness and efficiency of their business, developing leadership and management capability to transform working practices
- helping them increase productivity through the empowerment of their workforce
Take masterclasses and workshops
Led by some of our top faculty, the masterclasses combine leading-edge thinking with practical application to stimulate and challenge.
Key topics include:
- empowering leadership
- process innovation and improvement
- working in partnerships
- aligning the business and communications
Learn from case studies
During the programme, you can learn from case studies which demonstrate how some of our sponsor organisations improve productivity through people.
The case studies are connected to each masterclass and provide a platform to test new ideas through dialogue and discussion. They also provide:
- practical application of subject area
- a clear focus on the key aspects and issues raised in each masterclass
- a bridge and introduction between each masterclass and the organisational visits
- a further opportunity to discuss key issues
- support for each masterclass and workshop
Visit our sponsor organisations
Productivity through People is a unique collaboration between the University's School of Management and four world-class companies. These are:
- Babcock International
- BAE Systems
- EDF Energy
- Rolls-Royce plc
Each of our sponsor organisations has kindly agreed to host a visit for all participants in a facility located, as far as possible, in the South West of England.
This will provide an opportunity to:
- apply learning from the preceding masterclass
- provide another perspective from a large organisation
- listen to and meet with a senior leader in the sponsoring organisation
- discuss key issues relevant to the masterclass and accompanying case study
- build awareness and relationships with the host organisation
- provide a basis for action learning
Get online support
We use a variety of e-learning platforms which enable virtual connection between programme participants. These platforms are simple and intuitive and create a safe learning environment. Key features include:
- deliver joining instructions/pre-reading
- selected reading during the programme
- case study dissemination
- learning journal
- support information
- discussion groups
- inter-module discussion
- queries and expert advice/response
- focus learning on key issues
Take part in alumni events
Following the programme, participants will also be eligible to join the Productivity through People alumni events which not only support on-going learning but are also a valuable way to maintain and grow your network.