Who should attend
- Executives and senior managers driving digital transformation programs;
- Product Managers, Product owners and business stakeholders;
- User experience designers;
- Business analysts;
- Technology leads;
- Project managers; and
- Scrum masters and agile coaches.
About the course
Learn how to create technology products that are valuable, usable and feasible Product management is becoming a sought after career path as organisations undergo digital transformation and become more product centric. Product managers are responsible for building the right product by understanding customer pain points, determining if the problem is worth solving and guiding product delivery.
This is a hands on course that will teach you the foundations of technology product management. It combines leading edge practices like agile, lean startup, and product discovery. It is designed specifically for those involved in creating technology products. You will learn how to navigate the entire product life cycle from crafting a product vision and strategy to agile planning and prioritization techniques.
The workshop is very practical and has a combination of lectures and exercises in small groups. It aims to give you tools and techniques that you can apply immediately at your organisation.
How you will benefit
At the end of the programme, you will be able to:
- Product Strategy
- Craft a compelling product vision;
- Define key elements of your product strategy;
- Iteratively test and validate your product strategy;
- Create goal oriented roadmaps and communicate it with your stakeholders;
- Focus on product outcomes instead of output;
- Product Discovery
- Build lightweight personas;
- Conduct effective customer interviews;
- Carry out the right product experiments;
- Product tactics
- Understand the product owner role in Scrum, an agile framework;
- Conduct release planning;
- Maintain and refine the product backlog;
- Write effective user stories; and
- Facilitate user story mapping workshops.
Key Focus Areas
This course focuses on:
- Introducing the role of product management and principles of strong product teams;
- Identifying customer problems that are worth solving;
- A collaborative team based approach to creating technology products;
- Defining product outcomes tied to real customer value;
- Importance of product strategy and how it should guide execution;
- How to use an agile framework like Scrum to guide product delivery;
- Demystifying the product owner role;
- Applying modern product management frameworks like agile, lean startup and product discovery to create products that are valuable, usable and feasible; and
- How to build products iteratively and incrementally.
Read more about Entrepreneurship
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.