Product Management - Business to Business
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with The Chartered Institute of Marketing.Full disclaimer.
Business to business product managers are expected to take the lead and guide their organisation in the market. To succeed, they rely on the co-operation of sales, R&D, marketing communications and other departments. So they have to think strategically and have a credible plan. This programme gives product managers the tools, principles and confidence to succeed in their role.
- Construct a B2B product marketing plan.
- Align the plan with company strategy.
- Establish product market priorities.
- Define positioning strategy.
- Identify customer value.
- Create value propositions.
- Recognise market-drivers.
- Define market key success factors.
- Align business capabilities with market requirements.
- Segment and profile customers.
- Identify decision-makers and become a preferred supplier.
- Construct the right marketing mix.
- Create sustainable and profitable differential advantage.
- Managing the stage-gate process for new products.
- Developing a business-case.
- Manage product portfolios through the life cycle.
- Define price and avoid price-competition.
- Brief marketing communications.
- Measure and control a plan.
- Win support of the sales teams.
Who should attend
The programme is specifically for business to business product managers from a technical or sales background. Whether you are new to the role or have experience, you will benefit by attending and it does not require prior knowledge of marketing. It is particularly beneficial to those who are required to make their organisation more market-focused, and is both strategic and tactical.