Product Innovation (NPD)
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with The Chartered Institute of Marketing.Full disclaimer.
Successful innovation ensures that your products stay competitive and that growth opportunities are not missed. However extensive research indicates that failure rates in this area are high. On this course you will conduct an Innovation Audit to highlight improvement opportunities in areas that will drive success. We also consider a step-by-step NPD process used by leading innovators, applying this through interactive activities and discussing contemporary examples.
• Define the principles and benefits of good innovation management
• Undertake an Innovation Audit and highlight improvements in five critical success factors: strategy, learning, linkages, organisation and process areas
• Define and design a generic NPD process.
• Apply idea generation, screening and concept development techniques
• Appreciate the role of business analysis, product development and launch planning
• Identify innovation and NPD issues for your organisation and develop an action plan to address them.
Who should attend
This workshop will be especially useful for managers and executives, irrespective of function, who are or expect to become involved in the development of new products (goods and services) and the innovation process within their organisation.