Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is intended for managers from any business sector who have input on developing and implementing product or service strategy.
Past attendees include:
- Director of Marketing and Advertising
- Director of Events and Programs
- Director, Product Management
- Head of Marketing & Business Development
- Manager, Energy Products and Services
- Marketing Manager
- New Product Development Manager
- Senior Director, Trade Development
- Senior Manager, New Ventures (Marketing + Strategy)
- Senior Vice President, HR
About the course
Develop and Manage Products and Services that Connect with Customers
This interactive five-day program provides managers with the latest thinking and best practices in product management. Apply a tangible framework for developing your product/service strategy. Analyze your market opportunities and create products and services that maximize profitability. Spot opportunities for growth, and take your company to the next stage of success.
Benefits to You
- Understand your organization’s market position and its unique strengths and weaknesses
- Anticipate the future, to spot opportunities for growth
- Allocate resources among products
- Price your products and services for optimum profitability
- Evaluate your ideas to determine which ones to drop and which to pursue
- Develop and manage profitable, sustainable products/services across the product life cycle
- Create strategies to differentiate and market various product lines
- Execute effective marketing strategies that leverage market insights
- Craft a winning launch plan
- Collect customer feedback, and loop it back to improve the product or service
- Lead a creative, customer-focused product team
- Integrating corporate and product/service strategy
- Adapting to market volatility and the product life cycle, defending against disruptive innovation
- Identifying and evaluating market opportunities
- Defining your value proposition
- Building, differentiating and assessing brands
- Pricing your products and services for optimum profitability
- Approaches to enhance firm innovation and creativity
- Research methods that fuel discovery and innovation
- Evaluating early-stage market potential, developing a business case, allocating resources across new projects and product portfolios, making pass/kill decisions throughout the development cycle
- Leading and managing the new product/service development process
This highly interactive program serves as a working session. It uses case studies, group discussion and hands-on exercises to help you apply the concepts and tools you are learning to your business immediately.
BBA (Wilfrid Laurier), PhD (Florida) Senior Instructor, Marketing and Behavioural Science Division Research Interests Consumer Judgement and Decision Making Rebates Frequency Reward Programs Mental Accounting Procrastination Course Taught Brand Management (BCom & MBA) New Product Developm...
Research Interests Emotions Relationships Self and Identity Social Influence Prosocial Consumption Selected Recent Publications Cavanaugh, Lisa A. (2016), “Consumer Behavior in Close Relationships,” Current Opinion in Psychology, 10, 101-106. Cavanaugh, Lisa A., Francesca Gino, and Gavan J. Fi...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.