Who should attend
The workshop is intended for anyone involved in procurement: i.e. purchasing managers and agents, those involved in the supply chain, project managers, team leaders, vendor or product evaluation/selection team members and program managers who want to put the concepts and techniques of effective contracting into practice.
About the course
Successfully manage the procurement process from beginning to end
This workshop develops fundamental procurement process knowledge and skills that you can apply immediately in all aspects of effective business and project procurement. Learn a step-by-step process for converting business and/or project needs into outsourced goods and services. Select the best possible suppliers and manage stakeholders involved in the supply chain.
Benefits for you
- Identify stakeholder expectations, and convert project needs into contract requirements
- Create supplier selection criteria and follow a structured approach to short-listing and selecting suppliers
- Conduct an effective bidders’ conference
- Strengthen your negotiating techniques to achieve “win-win” outcomes
- Monitor and control supplier performance, to ensure requirement standards are met
- Amend contracts and manage changes that occur during the procurement process
- Maintain productive working relationships with suppliers
- Reduce the potential for disputes and legal action
- Procurement management framework: procurement life cycle, key roles, procurement organizations, contract definitions and purposes, contract types, risk transfer, common constraints and legal issues
- Planning procurements: building your evaluation team, needs analysis, stakeholder expectations and requirements mapping, developing the procurement management plan and procurement Statement of Works, identifying suppliers, drafting legal tendering documents, defining selection criteria and weights, creating the Supplier Evaluation Model
- Conducting procurements: the bidders’ conference, evaluation techniques, short-listing and selecting suppliers, ensuring due diligence and an equitable process, negotiating
- Administering procurements: managing supplier performance and relationships, amending contracts and managing change, the dispute process
- Closing procurements: auditing, settling contracts, early termination
The action-learning format features group discussion and simulated exercises in “real-world” project environments. Working in teams, you will apply the tools and techniques you are learning, and experience the process of collaborative planning firsthand.
As part of the workshop, you will receive 13 PMI® Professional Development Units (PDUs).
Denise is the founder and Managing Partner of Collaborators In Knowledge Inc. She brings more than 40 years of practical experience in managing, auditing and rescuing multi-million dollar projects. She has also trained thousands of students from the private and public sectors in the best practice...
Videos and materials
Read more about Negotiations
Read more about Transportation and Logistics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.