About the course
Practice hands-on process design and facilitation to harness collective intelligence.
Design and build the right working environments
How do you ensure you get the most out of every individual and how do you handle individual behavior in a group? In this course you will learn how to design and build the right working environments and lead teams toward common goals. Hyper Island has over two decades of facilitation experience and will equip you with the tools, methods and our best practise you need to manage human behavior, while giving you the opportunity to practice your new skills onsite and online.
This is an online learning experience, which includes 2-day online sessions followed by 2 online sessions as well as a coaching session just a few weeks later. In the time between, you’re encouraged to practise the theories and learnings from the onsite sessions so you get real life experience and at the same time have your peers and facilitators online for help and support. The online sessions a few weeks after will be used to create clarity and to maintain momentum in your new skill and competence and then to share your takeaways and reflections in the online sessions
What you will be doing
Get the competence Get the tools, methods, and skills to facilitate diverse groups. Learn how to design meetings and workshops, build appropriate environments, set supporting frames, direct prototyping and facilitate long-term processes.
Get the confidence Deep-dive into managing human behaviors, while constantly testing your learnings. Build your own facilitation toolbox to empower yourself and the team(s) you lead through challenges.
Get going This course will equip you with tools and give you the opportunity to practice, ensuring that you can take your learnings directly back to your workplace to own, lead and support processes, meetings, and workshops.
Harness collective intelligence Learn the tools to get the best out of every individual member of a group. Set a foundation for ideation and prototyping and create an inclusive environment.
Lead and Manage Processes Learn to lead members towards a common goal, while managing expectations.
Solve Problems Learn how to design workshops and meetings to solve specific problems. Pick the right tools for each process.
What you will learn
By the time you finish this course, you should have acquired knowledge and skills that you’ll be able to use right away, whether it’s in your work or improving your everyday life.
- Know the foundations of process design and facilitation and how to use facilitation as a tool to boost innovation and to solve complex issues
- Understand why and how facilitation is crucial in a digital world and how to work with diverse groups and manage behaviors to support better results
- Deep understanding of how to manage human need and know how to lead teams toward a common goal, while managing expectations
- Understand principles and mental models for practising process design and facilitation
- Learn how to design meetings and workshops, build appropriate environments, set supporting frames, direct prototyping and facilitate long-term processes toward a specific goal or outcome
- Ability to engage and include participants when running workshops, ideation and prototyping processes and the capability to harness the collective intelligence of a group
- Ability to apply the right tools, methods and skills in the right moment and to handle individual, team and group needs
- Capacity to put process design into action and know how to build supportive environments and set up guidelines for groups
- Create your own facilitation toolbox to empower yourself and your team
Liene is an experienced UGL (Understanding Groups and Leadership) facilitator, process designer and leadership consultant. Through process design and facilitation, she helps to unlock the hidden potential of individuals, supporting groups to become teams, and organisations to improve their workin...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.