Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Professionals working in financial entities (asset management institutions, insurance companies, banks, governmental bodies, and family offices).
- Executives, managers, and entrepreneurs working in corporations that may be interested to partner with a private equity investor in order to boost the growth of their company or that just want to know more about the sector..
About the course
By 2025, private equity firms will manage up to $ 9 trillion worldwide, after an expected yearly CAGR of 15.6% (Source: PreqinPro). But what is private equity? What do private equity managers do? How do they screen and invest in companies? Whose money do they invest? What is their ultimate goal when they invest in a company? What are the latest trends of the industry? And last, but surely not least, is Europe still behind the US in this sector? All members of the business community, financial and industrial, should be aware of the added value that private equity partners can bring to the table, knowing the logics driving their choices and decisions.
The course will provide participants with the fundamental knowledge of what private equity investors do and how the private equity industry works. The course will teach participants to:
- Recognize the different investment clusters – how is investing in a startup different than investing in a company in crisis?
- Understand the remuneration mechanism of the private equity operators.
- Distinguish the different activities carried out by private equity managers – from fundraising to exit
- Interpret the latest trends, both at a global level and a European level.
Curriculum Vitae SDA Research Fellow Master of Science in Accounting, Financial Management and Control, Bocconi University, Milan, Italy, 2013 Bachelor in Business Administration, Bocconi University, Milan, Italy, 2013 Research Interests Financial Reporting Performance Measurement Venture Ca...
Videos and materials
Read more about Entrepreneurship
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.