Private Equity and Venture Capital
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with IFF Training.Full disclaimer.
The world of private equity and venture capital investing is a fascinating and potentially lucrative one. Although it has a long history, in recent years it has become increasingly popular amongst both professional and private investors. At a time of general convergence amongst mainstream investment classes, it arguably offers a useful opportunity for diversification. The sector also provides exciting career opportunities across a wide range of functions, all of which generally offer above average remuneration and, in some cases, the potential to earn significant sums of money.
Nevertheless, to the beginner it can seem a confusing and exclusive world with its own terminology and a seemingly complex collection of roles and processes. It also presents its own set of specific risks and pitfalls which can easily catch out the unaware.
The IFF two-day Private Equity and Venture Capital course sets out to de-mystify the sector, breaking down the complex structure into a series of core elements which are fully explained using real-life examples.
Attend this incisive and highly practical two-day course and:
- Know the different stages of the investment cycle and the role that PE & VC plays in funding businesses
- Understand the structure and strategies of PE and VC funds, including fee structures and the roles of different participants
- Have a practical knowledge of every stage of the investment process, from deal origination through to exit
- Be familiar with key terminology specific to the sector
- Understand risks and potential pitfalls associated with specific to different stages in the PE and VC process
How You Will Learn
This course draws on private equity expert Jonathan Harrison's experience and features many practical examples
This course can play a crucial role in making sure that your company is successful in turbulent times and can take advantage of the opportunities lost by others.