Who should attend
Federal personnel responsible for the administrative, financial, or performance monitoring of grant recipients, including grants management specialists, project officers, and agreement technical representatives will benefit from this course.
About the course
Federal agencies are responsible for monitoring grants, but how do they fulfill those monitoring duties with limited personnel and budgets? Grant offices need to have consistent oversight monitoring methods and priorities. You will develop a risk assessment matrix that can be applied to monitoring planning and prioritization during this one-day workshop. You will practice methods and apply your new skills to conduct grant monitoring activities. You are encouraged to share your monitoring plan and other example documents with the facilitator in advance.
- Summarize the basics of grant monitoring, applicable rules, and how to develop a monitoring plan
- Utilize reports to aid and complement grant monitoring
- Use site visits and desk reviews as tools for grant monitoring
Introduction to Monitoring
- Overview of Monitoring
- Regulatory Basis for Monitoring
- The Monitoring Plan
Using Reports for Monitoring
- Progress, Financial, and Property Reports
- Acting on Reports
Site Visits and Desk Reviews for Monitoring
- Preparing for Site Visits and Desk Reviews
- Conducting Site Visits and Desk Reviews
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.