Who should attend
This program is designed for all levels of the technical organization (management, executive or governance) from any industry or sector. Content is applicable to all stages of AI implementation, from planning and development to optimization of existing AI applications.
About the course
While the opportunities for AI are vast, the negative impact of a poorly executed AI strategy cannot be overstated.
How do you prevent human biases from becoming codified? How is user data safeguarded? What is the greater societal impact of your AI program?
Principles of AI Implementation is offered in collaboration between Smith School of Business and IEEE, the world’s largest technical professional organization, and its Global Initiative on Ethics of Autonomous and Intelligent Systems.
Through a series of online modules, engaging lectures, class discussions and real-world business case studies, you will learn how to embed ethical design principles and trust-based considerations into your AI-enabled applications and processes.
What you will learn:
- IEEE’s Guiding Principles For Ethically Aligned AI: Explore the critical considerations for values-based design, development and implementation of AI systems and applications.
- Decision-Making with Analytics: Learn how to harness the power of analytics to make better business decisions, and ensure transparency, explainability, and easy interpretation of autonomous choices and actions.
- Canadian Information and Privacy Regulations: Review the current regulatory landscape governing corporate AI use, including implications for your current and future AI strategy.
- New Research, Technologies and Best Practices: Discover the latest research in AI transparency, model explainability and ethical AI implementations through case studies with industry experts.
By attending this program, you will gain a thorough appreciation for the ethical and trust issues inherent in AI systems, and their associated risks to organizations developing autonomous systems.
You will leave the program ready to mitigate ethical risk within your organization, through thoughtful application of the latest IEEE guidelines for ethically aligned AI design, including responsible innovation, data protection, decision transparency and accountability, legal considerations for enterprise AI and more.
Additionally, networking opportunities and group discussions will enable you to strengthen your professional network, establishing relationships with AI decision-makers and practitioners from across industries and sectors.
Pre-Program – Online
Explore the guiding principles of IEEE’s AI & Ethics in Design. Learn at your own pace via convenient online modules. Topics include Responsible Innovation in the Age of AI, Data Protection & Safety, Economic Advantage of Ethical Design, Legal Issues and more.
In-Person Program – Toronto
- Review and discuss key takeaways from IEEE’s AI Ethics & Design, including implications for your corporate AI initiatives.
- Learn to harness analytics to make better business decisions, while ensuring that data-driven choices and actions are transparent, explainable and easily interpreted.
- Gain an overview of the latest Canadian information and privacy regulations governing corporate use of customer data and AI.
- Explore the latest research, technology and best practices in AI model explainability, transparency and ethical AI implementations.
- Consider the future of ethics, enterprise and work through facilitated class discussion.
John C. Havens is Executive Director of The IEEE Global Initiative for Ethical Considerations in Artificial Intelligence and Autonomous Systems. The IEEE Global Initiative is charged with creating and iterating the document, Ethically Aligned Design: A Vision for Prioritizing Human Wellbeing with...
Pavel is a Partner & Head of Data Science Consulting Practice for IBM Canada, based out of Toronto. He leads a technology agnostic growing global practice of data strategists, scientists, meta-data & AI model managers, designers, ethicists, hybrid cloud platform architects & software ...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.