Who should attend
This course is .suitable for project managers or aspiring projects managers
About the course
The PRINCE2® foundation and practitioner e-learning course includes the official manual, tutor support by telephone/e-mail and exam fees. The course is offered by UWE in collaboration with ILX Group.
PRINCE2® is a structured approach to project management. It provides a method for managing projects within a clearly defined framework.PRINCE2® is a pre-requisite for over 60 per cent of all Project Management jobs advertised in the UK and over 600,000 people worldwide have taken the PRINCE2® exams. (Source ILX Group August 2009).
The e-learning course is accessed via a portal and allows the required learning, about 32 hours, to be done at a time and pace to suit you. You can test and improve your knowledge using the in-built exam simulator, prior to sitting the multiple choice industry-recognised exams.
What will I learn?
By the end of ths course you should be able to:
- Apply the PRINCE2 principles in context
- Apply and tailor relevant aspects of PRINCE2 themes in context
- Apply and tailor relevant aspects of PRINCE2 processes in context
In order to sit the PRINCE2 Practitioner examination you must provide proof of having passed one of the following:
- PRINCE2 Foundation
- Project Management Professional (PMP)®
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®
- IPMA Level A (Certified Projects Director)
- IPMA Level B® (Certified Senior Project Manager)
- IPMA Level C® (Certified Project Manager)
- IPMA Level D® (Certified Project Management Associate)
This E-learning course is offered by UWE in collaboration with ILX Group, the UK's largest single provider of PRINCE2® qualifications and fully meets the requirements for the PRINCE2® 6th edition Practitioner qualifications.
PRINCE2® 6th edition now has more focus on flexibility and the need to be able to tailor your knowledge towards any individual project. It describes procedures to co-ordinate people and activities in a project, how to design and supervise the project, and what to do if the project has to be adjusted if it doesn't develop as planned.
This e-learning course covers the following themes and processes:
- Business Case
- Plus activity-based case study
- Starting up a project
- Initiating a project
- Controlling a stage
- Managing product delivery
- Managing a stage boundary
- Directing a project
- Closing a project
You will also be sent a copy of the official Prince2 manual to aid your study.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.