Who should attend
Project Managers, Project Consultants, Team Managers, Project Planners, Project Estimators, Project Support Staff, Project Assurance Staff or anyone with an interest in the practical management of a PRINCE2 project.
About the course
This engaging PRINCE2 course will provide delegates with a complete and practical understanding of how to apply the PRINCE2 methodology in any number of different scenarios. It includes the preparation for, and the sitting of, the examination leading to the PRINCE2 Practitioner Certificate, which is highly prized among employers and project managers alike.
The course objectives include the practical implementation of the method and attention is paid as to how the method can be varied to suit many different types of project. Care is also taken to show delegates how to ensure the administration of the method is at a level appropriate to the project.
There are no pre-requisites in terms of project management experience, although experience of managing a project will be a distinct advantage. Prior to the course, each delegate will be sent the PRINCE2 manual, suggested pre-course work and a reading list, in order that they become familiar with the PRINCE2 concepts, scenarios and questions. It is essential for your success on this course that the pre-course work is completed. A large proportion of this pre-course work may be omitted where the delegate has achieved the Foundation Certificate.
Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
- Course Introduction
- Introduction to PRINCE2 including tailoring and Embedding
- Organisation Theme
- Starting Up a Project
- Initiating a Project
- Business case Theme
- Directing a Project
- Evening Work
- Review of Day 1
- Evening Work
- Review of Day 2
- Controlling a Stage
- Managing Product Delivery
- Managing a Stage Boundary
- Closing a Project
- Revision and Foundation Exam
PRINCE2 Foundation Examination
- 1 hour paper
- Multiple choice
- Closed book
- 60 questions to be answered
- Pass mark is 33 out of 60 – 55 %
- Tests knowledge and comprehension of PRINCE2
- Closed Book
- PRINCE2 Review, if appropriate
- Practitioner Exam technique / structure
- Practise examination questions
- Summary, Exam technique & Strategy
- PRINCE2 Practitioner Examination
- 2.5 hours to complete the paper
- Objective test format
- Open book – you are allowed the official PRINCE2 manual
- The manual can be tabbed with annotations on the pages
- 68 question items each worth 1 mark
- Pass mark is 38 out of 68 – 55%
- Tests application and analysis of PRINCE2
- Identify the key characteristics and context of a project and the benefits of adopting PRINCE2
- Determine how the PRINCE2 principles underpin the PRINCE2 method
- Establish the PRINCE2 themes and how they are applied in a project
- Define the PRINCE2 processes and how they are executed in a project
Read more about Project management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.