Who should attend
This programme will benefit:
- This programme is designed for senior managers and executives of companies who analyze, recommend, or approve pricing decisions.
- This programme is very valuable for directors of marketing, finance, sales, and planning and for managing directors and executives of mid-size companies who are introducing new products, facing significant price competition, or failing to achieve prices that reflect the value they deliver.
About the course
Managing pricing affects a company’s growth and profitability more quickly than any other decision. Most markets know the three Cs of pricing: cost sets the floor, customer willingness to pay sets the ceiling, and competitive pieces set the benchmarks. This seminar will help participants use price to achieve strategic objectives, successfully introduce new products to the market, respond to significant price competition, achieve prices that reflect the true value of their products and services. In addition, help participants to learn how to strategically manage pricing to defend or increase their profitability, even in highly competitive markets.
Key Learning Objectives
Upon Completion of this program, participants will:
- Change customers’ price perceptions to capture more value.
- Standardize discounting criteria to enable salespeople to respond more quickly and consistently with price offers that meet customers’ needs.
- Monetize the value of offerings you provide to customers Transform pricing policies to position and reposition products.
- Combat increasing price pressures and recessionary blows in a down economy.
- Evaluate the real financial implications of pricing decisions.
- Use pricing strategically to guide a business to long-term profitability, rather than reactively to solve short-term problems.
- Determine when it makes sense to compete on price and when it does not.
- Determine which value-added alternatives to price competition are appropriate for your business.
- Strategic versus Tactical Pricing framework.
- Strategic Pricing Tools and Applications process.
- The logic of pricing decisions as part of marketing strategy.
- Setting Profit Maximizing Prices
- Pricing Psychology and how to measure price sensitivity.
- Costing and Financial Analysis
- Managing Price Competition
- Organizational Transformation
- The tactics of pricing: Versioning, Product line pricing, channel pricing and Communication value.
Dr. Owolabi teaches, undertakes research and consults in areas which include financial modeling, corporate financial accounting, strategic cost management, taxation and environmental accounting. Having studied electronic/electrical engineering at Obafemi Awolowo University where he graduated wit...
She holds an MBA from IESE Business School, Barcelona and a second Master’s degree in Applied Philosophy and Ethics (MAPE) from Strathmore University in Nairobi, Kenya. Prior to joining LBS, Rose had worked as the Managing Director of JMJ Consulting Ltd, a training consulting firm and as a Direct...
Prior to his faculty appointment, Uche Attoh served on the Industrial Arbitration Panel, where, following a Federal appointment, he had for 8 years presided/participated in Tribunals constituted for the purpose of adjudicating over Trade Disputes and Labour-Management Conflict in accordance with ...
Ikechukwu Kelikume is currently a doctoral student of the Swiss University of Economics (SMC University, Switzerland) and leads sessions in microeconomic and macroeconomic environment of business at Lagos Business School. Ike undertakes research and consults in areas which include macroeconomic ...
Louis I. Nzegwu is Professor of Marketing and Executive Director of the International Business Resource Center (IBRC) at the University of Wisconsin – Platteville (UWP). He is a visiting Professor of Marketing at the Lagos Business School of the Pan Atlantic University, Lagos, Nigeria. He teaches...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.