Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Babson Olin Graduate School of Business.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Thinking and acting entrepreneurially is more than just an inclination. It can—and should be—taught. Whether you’re an academic at a college or university, or an entrepreneur who has a desire to teach, the Price-Babson Symposium for Entrepreneurship Educators (SEE) will give you the skills needed to pass on an entrepreneurial mindset to your students to share the next generation of entrepreneurial leaders.
This action-based program provides you with a toolkit, playbook, and best practices for teaching entrepreneurship to others, including Babson’s hallmark methodology, Entrepreneurial Thought & Action® (ET&A™). Leave the program ready to pass on the most powerful force in the world for solving problems and creating economic and social val
What You Will Learn
The Price-Babson Symposium for Entrepreneurship Educators will equip you with proven concepts for effective entrepreneurship education, as well as give you the tools to teach experientially and overcome challenges in your approach to teaching.
Specific topics addressed include:
- Entrepreneurial Thought and Action
- Entrepreneurship Education Ecosystems
- Entrepreneurial Identity
- Design Thinking and Idea Generation
- Market Tests and Business Models
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Managing Growth and Embracing Failure
- Experiential and Action Learning Pedagogies
- Teaching Entrepreneurially
- Case Method Teaching
- Managing Classroom Challenges
- Curriculum and Course Design
- Immersion-based Teaching
- Use of Technology in Classroom
At the Summer Venture Program Workshop [optional add-on] you will learn how to:
- Establish a student venture accelerator during the summer months on your campus.
- Understand the infrastructure needed, including team and venue
- Interview and select the student teams and best practices in building the cohort
- Recruit and train mentors and coaches
Who should attend
No matter what discipline you’re from, if you’re an academic or an entrepreneur who teaches or has a desire to teach entrepreneurship, you’ll leave the program prepared to pass along the benefits of entrepreneurial education. Participants come from all around the world, allowing for a diverse group of peers in the program.
Trust the experts
Professor Jeffry A. Timmons Professor of Entrepreneurial Studies Education B.S., Louisiana State University M.B.A., Ph.D., University of Colorado at Boulder Academic Division Entrepreneurship Areas of Expertise Corporate Entrepreneurship; Social Entrepreneurship; New Venture Creation Contact hn...
The Babson Symposium for Entrepreneurship Educators