Who should attend
- (Level 2) Supervisors, Executive, & Emerging Managers
- (Level 3) New Managers
- (Level 4) Managers
- (Level 5) Senior Managers & Directors
About the course
You may be more comfortable communicating by e-mail or telephone than in person. Presenting to large or small groups, even on a one-to-one may intimidate or frighten you. Yet good presentation skills are vital to your career success.
Oral presentations offer important opportunities to put all your communication skills on display; including your research, planning, writing, visual design, and interpersonal and nonverbal communication.
Benefits to You
This intensive two half-day remote learning programme is specially designed to hone your skills in speaking confidently, delivering a compelling presentation and handling questions and answers effectively. Customers and businesses want people who can express themselves clearly and confidently, and are persuasive and comfortable communicating with a wide variety of people, from top executives to operational workers. These are also important attributes organisations seek when searching for talents to promote.
The sessions will be conducted on-line using a virtual classroom platform like Zoom. Details of remote digital requirements and network settings will be instructed and to be duly ready by participants before session commencement.
Session 1 Introduction and Preparing
- Be aware of self
- Understanding the fundamentals of a confident presentation
- Manage nervousness and anxiety during your presentation
- Defining and developing a clear purpose
- Structuring your content effectively
- Understanding the principles of designing effective visual aids
- Strategies to catch the audience’s attention in your opening
Session 2 Delivering and Perfecting
- Speaking with passion and conviction
- Delivering your speech with confidence and impact
- Projecting your voice with enthusiasm and clarity
- Using positive body language to captivate your audience
- Managing questions and answers with confidence
- Dealing with difficult participants
- Managing fear and anxiety before and during presentations
- Gain mastery and confidence as a powerful speaker!
Betty Kan-Sekine graduated with honors from California State University. She is a Certified Professional Trainer (IPMA, UK), a Certified Neuro-Linguistic Programming Practitioner (NFNLP, USA) and an Associate Lecturer at the SIM Global Education. She is a ThinkBuzan Licensed Instructor and an iMi...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.