Who should attend
Business managers and professionals who want to present their ideas with clarity and conviction, to inspire others to act on them.
About the course
Inspire every time you speak
Too many presentations fail to inspire because they focus on information rather than inspiration.
Delivered in partnership with The Humphrey Group Inc., this course explores a new communications approach: one that will enable you to present your ideas so that others are inspired to act upon them. Deliver presentations with a clear message, persuasive structure and compelling language. Create visuals that present ideas rather than information. Project a confident, natural presence in every interaction.
The interactive format facilitates social learning. You will have opportunities to network with your peers and to apply, test and receive feedback on the skills you are learning.
™Trademark of The Humphrey Group Inc.
Online program format
Delivered over four weeks, the program includes:
- Four online sessions (1.5 hours each) facilitated live by an instructor from The Humphrey Group
- 30 minutes of 1-1 virtual coaching time with an instructor from The Humphrey Group
- One-year access to the online self-learning module “Building Inspiring Presentations”
- Access to an online video for best practices on how to present powerfully and with conviction
Benefits for you
- Translate your leadership thinking into a powerful message
- Build a logical, persuasive structure reinforced with compelling language
- Design slides that are clear, beautiful and impactful
- Speak about rather than read your slides
- Use body language, pace, eye contact and expression to engage and inspire your audience
- Answer questions concisely and confidently
Session 1: Determining your Presentation’s Purpose
Pre-work activities: Self-Learning Module Part I – “Building Inspiring Presentations”
Real-time online session: Analyzing your audience, opportunity and purpose
- Identifying your purpose, what you wish to achieve, and what kind of presentation and slide deck you need to build
Session 2: Structuring your Presentation
Pre-work activities: Self-Learning Module Part II
Real-time online session: Developing a persuasive and logical structure
- Identifying what you want your audience to take away, determining the structure that will work best, using The Leader’s Script to create an outline
Session 3: Thinking Visually
Pre-work activities: Self-Learning Module Part III
Real-time online session: Building visuals that are clear, meaningful and impactful
- Creating vertical logic on each individual slide, ensuring your visuals convey something of value, when to use text vs. when to use images, storyboarding your outlines
In Between Sessions 3 and 4: Thirty minutes of individualized coaching with the program instructor
- Projecting confidence through body language, eye contact, pace and expression
- Practicing your virtual delivery
Session 4: Mastering Q&As
Real-time online session: Best practice techniques for handling Q&A scenarios
- Structuring concise responses in the moment, anticipating and scripting a response to challenging questions
You will work on scripts for an upcoming presentation or re-do an old presentation, and receive feedback on your speaking notes, slides and delivery skills.
This program is delivered by the team at the Humphrey Group.
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.