Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Business managers and professionals who want to present their ideas with clarity and conviction, to inspire others to act on them.
About the course
Presenting Ideas with Clarity and Confidence
Too many presentations fail to inspire because they focus on information rather than inspiration.
Delivered in partnership with The Humphrey Group Inc., this course explores a new communications approach: one that will enable you to present your ideas so that others are inspired to act upon them. Deliver presentations with a clear message, persuasive structure and compelling language. Create visuals that present ideas rather than information. Project a confident, natural presence in every interaction.
To ingrain your learning experience, the program includes hands-on presentation workshops in formal, informal and off-the-cuff situations
Benefits for you
- Move from an informational to an inspirational style
- Translate your leadership thinking into a powerful message
- Design visuals that are clear, beautiful, and impactful
- Use your body language, pace, eye contact, and expression to engage your audience
- Present material on the fly, even when you haven’t prepared it yourself
- Answer questions concisely and confidently
- Determining your purpose: analyzing the audience and the opportunity, deciding what kind of presentation and slide deck are needed
- Structuring your presentation: identifying your key message, determining what structure will work best to prove the message, using The Leader’s Script to create an outline
- Thinking visually: ensuring each slide is clear, explicit, logical and meaningful, practicing your visual thinking by storyboarding your outlines
- Achieving a leader’s presence: channelling your nerves, projecting confidence through eye contact, pace, expression and body language
- Mastering Q&As: anticipating challenging questions, structuring concise responses, Q&A best practices, using Q&A sessions as influence opportunities
- Presenting on the fly: deconstructing complex ideas into their essential elements, scripting yourself in the moment, making an impact when presenting virtually
You will work on scripts for an upcoming presentation or re-do an old presentation, and receive feedback on your speaking notes, slides and delivery skills. The program also includes videotaping and review of the course footage.
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.