Who should attend
Presenting as a Leader is for leaders at all levels who wish to develop their presentation skills.
About the course
Delivered in partnership with The Humphrey Group Inc., this powerful program explores a new communications approach: one that will enable you to present your ideas so that others are inspired to act upon them.
Too many presentations fail to inspire their audiences because they focus on information, not inspiration.
Delivered in partnership with The Humphrey Group Inc., this powerful program explores a new communications approach: one that will enable you to present your ideas so that others are inspired to act upon them. You will learn how to deliver presentations with a clear message, persuasive structure and compelling language. You will learn to create visuals that present ideas, rather than information. And you’ll build skills in projecting a confident yet natural presence in every interaction.
To ingrain your learning experience, the program includes hands-on presentation workshops in formal, informal and off-the-cuff situations.
Who will Benefit
You will benefit from this learning journey if you are interested in exploring the following questions:
- How can I more effectively use my marketing budget?
- How can I reach more potential audience members and grow my current audience?
- What are some ways that I can better understand my audience?
This course will be led by experienced professional consultants from The Humphrey Group, Inc.
Presenting as a Leader™ will show you how to:
- View all presentations as leadership opportunities
- Move from an informational to an inspirational style
- Create a powerful message that reflects your leadership thinking
- Build a logical structure that is reinforced by strong horizontal logic in your slides
- Think visually to design slides that are clear, beautiful, and impactful
- Speak about rather than read your slides
- Use your body language, pace, eye contact, and expression to engage your audience
- Present material on-the-fly, even when you haven’t prepared it yourself
- Answer questions concisely and confidently
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.