Who should attend
- Team leaders or managers who want to prepare their staff to take on extra responsibilities
- As the content affects multiple people in your department/organization, co-attendance with your key team members is highly encouraged
About the course
Build talent readiness at all levels
In challenging times, there is no such thing as “status quo.” People at all levels in the organization are called upon to stretch beyond their usual roles, and take on expanded responsibilities.
This program is designed for team leaders and managers who want to prepare their people to step up. Help staff at all levels take on added responsibilities—be they applying new skills, filling in for others, or assuming leadership duties. Encourage commitment and accountability for increased expectations. Build across-the-board talent readiness to support your organization through trying times
Online program format
This one-day program consists of three online sessions in real time with the instructor—two in the morning and one in the afternoon, with breaks in between. Each session lasts about 60 to 90 minutes and includes opportunities for you to network with peers, brainstorm ideas, engage in skill-building activities and receive constructive feedback.
You will also receive self-directed resources (readings, videos, worksheets etc.) that you can access at any time.
Benefits for you
- Prepare team members to take on a leadership role—and the accountability that comes with it
- Build people’s commitment to follow through on their new responsibilities
- Establish credibility and influence from “within the ranks”
- Get people the support they need to lead and manage others
- Assist others in managing the stress that arises from increased work pressures
- Help yourself and others adapt to rapidly shifting conditions
Pre-Program Assessment (self-directed)
- Getting clear on accountability, as a leader and team member
- Identifying leadership potential
Preparing People to Lead Themselves
- Preparing for the challenge of new leadership
- Identifying support (mentors, champions, networking)
- Seizing opportunities to step up and lead
- Leading people through uncertain times
- Managing stress and maintaining morale
- Leading with persuasion and influence
Building Talents for Team Leadership
- Pivoting from staff member to leader
- Establishing leadership credibility
- Navigating politics at speed
- Managing people in teams, virtually and in-person
- Using facilitation skills to drive results
Understanding Business Leadership
- Identifying immediate and future business challenges
- Clarifying current or revised unit and business goals
- Managing changing timelines
- Adapting to new business models
- Assessing risk and spotting opportunity
- Sensitivity with high-level information
You will receive a Readiness Checklist of things to consider when preparing people to step up to a higher level of responsibility.
Amy has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology from the University of Liverpool and completed a Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management at the University of West London. She was awarded a distinction for her MSc in International Human Resource Management from Kingston University. He...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.