Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with DePaul University.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Predictive Analytics is among the fastest growing fields in business today. Companies such as Google, Twitter, Netflix and CPG are recruiting predictive analytics professionals to mine the ever-growing mass of consumer behavior data to gain a competitive edge in the marketplace. Statisticians no longer need to be the back room number cruncher. The eight-week Predictive Analytics Certificate Program will introduce you to many of the popular advanced statistical techniques used in the field of marketing science and predictive analytics. The course will teach multivariate techniques used to transform information from large data sets into actionable insights. You will gain hands-on experience using SPSS and prepare to be a part of this growing field. As you carefully sift through the data, you will discover how to turn data into insights and insights into knowledge. You will experience how the art of “story telling” helps to communicate your findings better, captures your audience’s attention and leads to actionable management decisions.
- Gain knowledge of SPSS
- Discover how to use data to create a coherent “story” to communicate an effective marketing strategy and make presentations supported by data analyses
- Become proficient in advanced multivariate statistical techniques using a practicing manager’s point of view
- Learn to match the right technique with the right opportunity
- Update and enhance your current skills
- Overview of multivariate data analysis
- Introduction to measurement scales & understanding the variate
- Factor analysis for data reduction
- Multiple regression for prediction purposes
- Cluster analysis for better segmentation
- Multiple discriminant analysis for classification
- Binary logistic regression for predicting purpose
- Correspondence analysis to visualize associations between variables
Who should attend
- Professionals in fields such as analytics, marketing, management, business intelligence, data and marketing science, and operations research
- Professionals wanting to improve their analytical skills
- Individuals with a technical background interested in marketing or data analysis
- Individuals with no technical background interested in exploring careers in data analysis
- College graduates in the social sciences interested in furthering their data analysis skills
Trust the experts
Marina Girju is Assistant Professor of Marketing at DePaul University. She has two bachelor degrees in Computer Science and International Economics, an MBA in Marketing and Finance and PhD in Marketing, focusing on quantitative marketing modeling and analytics for consumer behavior and patient ex...