Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Professionals in fields such as analytics, marketing, management, business intelligence, data and marketing science, and operations research
- Professionals wanting to improve their analytical skills
- Individuals with a technical background interested in marketing or data analysis
- Individuals with no technical background interested in exploring careers in data analysis
- College graduates in the social sciences interested in furthering their data analysis skills
About the course
Predictive Analytics is among the fastest growing fields in business today. Companies such as Google, Twitter, Netflix and CPG are recruiting predictive analytics professionals to mine the ever-growing mass of consumer behavior data to gain a competitive edge in the marketplace. Statisticians no longer need to be the back room number cruncher.
The eight-week Predictive Analytics Certificate Program will introduce you to many of the popular advanced statistical techniques used in the field of marketing science and predictive analytics. The course will teach multivariate techniques used to transform information from large data sets into actionable insights. You will gain hands-on experience using SPSS and prepare to be a part of this growing field.
As you carefully sift through the data, you will discover how to turn data into insights and insights into knowledge. You will experience how the art of “story telling” helps to communicate your findings better, captures your audience’s attention and leads to actionable management decisions. The Predictive Analytics Certificate Program also counts as an elective towards completing the Integrated Marketing Communications Certificate Program.
NOTE: This is not a statistics course. Even though all the techniques are based on the theory of statistics, the approach taken here is logic-based, rather than formula-based. Hence, you will not be a statistics expert at the end of this program; however, you will know and apply all the techniques in a practical manner. Requirement: Basic Business Statistics. No prior experience in SPSS is required.
- Gain knowledge of SPSS
- Discover how to use data to create a coherent “story” to communicate an effective marketing strategy and make presentations supported by data analyses
- Become proficient in advanced multivariate statistical techniques using a practicing manager’s point of view
- Learn to match the right technique with the right opportunity
- Update and enhance your current skills
- Overview of multivariate data analysis
- Introduction to measurement scales & understanding the variate
- Factor analysis for data reduction
- Multiple regression for prediction purposes
- Cluster analysis for better segmentation
- Multiple discriminant analysis for classification
- Binary logistic regression for predicting purpose
- Correspondence analysis to visualize associations between variables
- Overview of Multivariate Data Analysis
- Overview Fundamental Business Statistics Concepts; Introduction to SPSS
- Introduction to Measurement Scales and Descriptive Statistics; Using SPSS for graphical examination of data
- Understanding the Variate and Descriptive Statistics Data Summarization techniques, Methods of Association and Correlation; Using SPSS Correlation Analysis to measure relationships between variables
- Multiple Regression Analysis Understanding Multiple Regression Analysis; Using SPSS multiple regression analysis to explain and predict causal relationships
- Multiple Discriminant Analysis & Binary Logistic Regression; Understanding Multiple Discriminant Analysis & logistic regression; Using SPSS multiple discriminant analysis and logistic regression to predict
- Factor Analysis
- Understanding Exploratory Factor Analysis & Principle Components Analysis; Using SPSS for data reduction and variable reduction; Reliability Analysis
- Cluster Analysis
- Understanding Cluster Analysis
- Using SPSS cluster analysis to create customer segments
- Correspondence Analysis
- Understanding Correspondence Analysis
- Using SPSS correspondence analysis to visualize associations between variable
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Transportation and Logistics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.