Predictive Analytics and Big Data
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Schulich Executive Learning Centre.Full disclaimer.
- Data Visualization with Tableau (2 days)
The rate at which data is generated and managed has increased exponentially in today’s information-based economy. Data visualization is both an art and a science which seeks to communicate information clearly and efficiently to users in an abstracted, schematic form. In this session participants will use visually interactive Tableau software to quickly:
- Differentiate between statistical graphics, plots, information graphics, tables, and charts
- Analyze, develop insights, and make conclusions about data and evidence
- Make complex data more accessible, understandable and usable
- Choose the most effective visualization technique for the task at hand
- Data Science (2 days)
Data Science extracts knowledge or insights from data in various forms and clearly communicates these findings to clients and end-users. Participants will be introduced to the field to data science, including current and future trends, intended business applications, and major technical categories. Through case analyses, participants will learn a comprehensive set of metrics to assess the precision of their analysis and tools to make statistically sound decisions.
- The essential elements of any successful data science project
- How to prepare analytical reports and project proposals
- Evaluation metrics, and how to understand performance graphs
- How to distinguish superficial results from truly meaningful information
- Recommendation system, (i.e. Netflix), and online targeted display (i.e. Amazon recommendation system) case studies
- Introduction to Regression Analysis (1 day)
As organizations collect more data through advances in technology, business managers have improved opportunities to make data-driven decisions. This module teaches participants how to use regression analysis to identify the relationships between different business and data variables and make future predictions with statistical support.
- How to use regression analysis in your organization
- Identifying what variables will predict an outcome in a particular population or data segment
Who should attend
Middle to senior level executives who are responsible for making sense of and drawing insight on data; leading or working with teams of data scientists, leaders in their fields, where understanding Big Data can make a difference.
This program comprises Module 3 of the Masters Certificate in Analytics for Leaders.