Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Schulich Executive Learning Centre.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Data Visualization with Tableau
The rate at which data is generated and managed has increased exponentially in today’s information-based economy. Data visualization is both an art and a science which seeks to communicate information clearly and efficiently to users in an abstracted, schematic form. In this session participants will use visually interactive Tableau software to quickly:
- Differentiate between statistical graphics, plots, information graphics, tables, and charts
- Analyze, develop insights, and make conclusions about data and evidence
- Make complex data more accessible, understandable and usable
- Choose the most effective visualization technique for the task at hand
Data Science extracts knowledge or insights from data in various forms and clearly communicates these findings to clients and end-users. Participants will be introduced to the field to data science, including current and future trends, intended business applications, and major technical categories. Through case analyses, participants will learn a comprehensive set of metrics to assess the precision of their analysis and tools to make statistically sound decisions.
- The essential elements of any successful data science project
- How to prepare analytical reports and project proposals
- Evaluation metrics, and how to understand performance graphs
- How to distinguish superficial results from truly meaningful information
- Recommendation system, (i.e. Netflix), and online targeted display (i.e. Amazon recommendation system) case studies
Introduction to Regression Analysis
As organizations collect more data through advances in technology, business managers have improved opportunities to make data-driven decisions. This module teaches participants how to use regression analysis to identify the relationships between different business and data variables and make future predictions with statistical support.
- How to use regression analysis in your organization
- Identifying what variables will predict an outcome in a particular population or data segment
Who should attend
This program has been designed for executives and professionals with diverse needs from any sector or functional area, including managers who:
- Want to learn data analytics tools and techniques and leverage insights from big data to allow their organization to make better business decisions
- Are tasked with implementing, enhancing or expanding the role of analytics in their organization
- Currently work on analytics projects or are involved with a data team, and want to increase their fluency in the domain and their command of its tools and techniques
- Require a data analytics certificate to enhance their skill set
Trust the experts
Biography Mark is a professional leadership consultant and trainer with extensive experience facilitating teams and relating to the psychology of human dynamics in the workplace. He has led major organizational change initiatives for diverse clients including GM, Sears, General Mills, CN, Domtar...
Biography Joe Sherren, President of Ethos Enterprises Inc., is a management effectiveness expert who has spoken to more than 4,000 audiences in over 30 countries in the areas of leadership, team development and group motivation. His corporate experience includes 25 years in senior management pos...
Murat Kristal, PhD, is an associate professor of operations management at Schulich School of Business at York University. He teaches in the areas of business operations strategy, channel management and customer modeling. Dr. Kristal received his PhD from the Kenan-Flagler Business School at Unive...
Biography Following a six-year career in credit analytics and product management at Capital One Canada, Jon joined Google as an Analytical Lead in March 2013. He oversees analytics in Canada across four industries: Travel, Tourism, Government and Energy. Jon is passionate about turning data into...
Ajay K. Sirsi
Biography Ajay is a senior marketing professor at Schulich. His research has won awards internationally. Ajay is the author of three books including: Marketing Led – Sales Driven: How Successful Businesses Use The Power Of Marketing Plans And Sales Execution To Win In The Marketplace and Marketi...
Biography David is the President of DHE Consulting where he leverages over 20 years of experience working with leading organizations across industries, helping guide them to make use of their data assets and providing solution implementation. An experienced lecturer and trainer, David provides a...
Catherine ‘Cat’ Truxillo
Biography Cat is Director, Advanced Analytics Education at SAS Institute, and an award-winning trainer with over 25 years experience consulting and teaching in many industries. She is a vibrant and energetic speaker, and her students say she has a gift for breaking complex topics down to managea...
Zhepeng (Lionel) Li
Zhepeng (Lionel) Li holds a PhD degree, with a specialization in Management Information Systems, minor in Computer Science, from the David Eccles School of Business, University of Utah. He is interested in addressing relevant computational business problems including FinTech, big data, social med...