About the course
Learn how to cultivate insight about what is changing in the world and design solutions and strategy to meet emerging needs. This sessions goes beyond the tools for thinking about innovation in the abstract and enables participants to drive better innovation through the fog of uncertainty. We will learn how to integrate the best frameworks from strategy, marketing, design, and successful venture capital firms to lead high-value innovation within the firm. Using cases from participants’ own firms, we will apply the innovation process: identify early indicators of change before one’s competitors; test these assumptions with experiments in product and service innovation; and proactively identify ways to shape change in the larger market.
- How to effectively identify early signs of marketplace change
- Efficiently test one’s understanding of marketplace changes and identify the best ways to respond
- Framework for proactively shaping marketplace trends
- Apply an immediately actionable model for assessing current and future trends in one’s industry, customer base, and competitive landscape, and the implications for one’s organization
- Develop actionable market intelligence and early indicators
- Move to the forefront of the market by running specific market tests within the firm
Peter Boumgarden is an associate professor of management at Hope College in Holland, Michigan and faculty affiliate at the William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan / Ross Business School, a center focused on business in emerging markets. At Hope, Professor Boumgarden teaches Manag...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.