Practicum in OD and Change (Masters Certificate in Organization Development and Change)
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Schulich Executive Learning Centre.Full disclaimer.
In the OD Practicum, you will apply your OD knowledge and skills in a real client/consultant relationship. Closely mentored by an on-site OD professional, you will provide consulting services to a group or organization, and demonstrate your ability to:
- Understand a situation with which you are unfamiliar or largely unfamiliar
- Create energy for organizational/individual change and improvement
- Collaborate with a client group, and with a learning partner (another Practicum participant)
- Demonstrate ethical awareness related to OD
- Receive, and if possible, apply feedback and guidance from a local Field Guide/Mentor
As theory and practice are integrally related in the field of OD, your Practicum will be a time of both action and reflection. You will select ideas and theories taught earlier in the program streams, try them out and explore how the ideas and practices can inform each other. The OD Practicum will require a minimum of six days of your time, over approximately seven months.
The Practicum site is of your own choosing, and may be your own place of work, but not within your actual paid role. Since your Practicum is intended to be an opportunity for you to offer a valuable contribution to an organization AND to grow and develop as a reflective OD practitioner, your interests, and the needs of your chosen group or organization will determine the nature of the practical OD work you undertake. You may or may not be able to carry out a full OD intervention within the time available.
The Practicum consists of the following five phases:
- An evening orientation with the Practicum leaders and your peer support group
- Client Selection
- On-going note-taking and written reflection