Who should attend
- Team Leaders
- Management Professionals
- Management Staff
- Line Managers
- Technical Managers
- All Professionals at all levels who want to become effective at coaching and motivating others
- HR or Training Staff
- Anyone required to coach or mentor others
About the course
Both Generation X and Generation Y employees expect their managers, supervisors and leaders to be able to able to motivate, coach, counsel and mentor them. To be able to display these abilities, managers must have robust models and relevant skills and knowledge in order to support their staff. This programme is based around four powerful models that will help managers to structure their activities for maximum effect and guarantee successful outcomes with their staff.
This dynamic and highly interactive Oxford programme is very practical and incorporates a number of exercises and role plays that have been designed to enable delegates to practice the necessary skills in a safe and realistic environment. In addition, it will build upon delegate’s existing experience and knowledge to make sure that learnings are relevant and applicable in the workplace.
- Master the seven-base Q-OPD ‘MR BEVIS’ motivation framework to determine current levels of motivation in staff and develop each of the bases
- Skilfully use the powerful Q-OPD ‘SOCORE’ coaching model to structure both casual and formal coaching sessions / conversations for maximum effect
- Distinguish between professionally-mediated counselling for mental health issues (together with Employee Assistance Programmes – EAPs) and line manager-mediated counselling for problem employees
- Apply the comprehensive Q-OPD ‘PRLCI’ mentoring model to provide a full mentor provision to mentees / protégés and ‘fast-track’ candidates
- Cover powerful communication, influence and Emotional Intelligence techniques and skills
- Provide highly effective motivational, developmental and critical feedback both face-to-face and by email / memo
- Mastering the Key Coaching Skills
- Displaying Active Listening Skills
- Understanding your Personal Communication Style and Personality Preferences
- Showing the Five Major Emotional Intelligence (EI) Skills
- Motivating others to Achieve using the Q-OPD ‘MR BEVIS’ Approach
- Mentorship Programmes and Relationships based upon the Q-OPD ‘PRLCI’ Mentoring Model
- Having a sensitive awareness of Workplace Mental Health Issues and being able to marshal timely, appropriate support
- Appreciating the Limits of Counselling (duty of care issues) and Employee Assistance Programmes (EAPs)
- Understanding your Personal Career Journey
- Setting your Career Goals and Achieving them
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.