Powerful Business Writing for Executives
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with SIM Professional Development.Full disclaimer.
Five to ten minutes – that is all it takes for a busy businessman to decide whether to study or discard your business proposal, or for a client to call you or not for a presentation about your product / service.
To distinguish your writing from that of your competitors, you need to write well, convincingly and with power too.
Benefits to You
By attending this programme, the organisation’s business cost will decrease as productivity increases. Why? Participants will write better, faster and with greater customer- awareness. This is especially when the organisation has to deal with clients from different countries and cultures.
• apply essential principles of effective business writing
• generate ideas with creative tools and techniques
• distinguish your company’s key factors in your writing
• write e-mails and use buffers for bad-news letters
• identify and apply the stages of report or proposal writing
• create powerful phrases for your paragraphs
• measure the clarity / fogginess of your writing
• evaluate and edit your own and your subordinates’ writing
• Principles of Effective Writing o completeness
• Creative Tools for Thinking and Writing o creative thinking tools to generate ideas
o creative thinking tools to generate powerful phrases
• Writing Bad-News Letters / E-mails o understanding readers’ needs
o using buffers
o applying writing principles
• Process of Proposal / Report Writing o analysing the client’s needs and constraints
o writing your goals
o framing / shaping
o writing the document
• Editing o principles of editing
o verification of facts
o mechanics of writing
This programme is also applicable to (Level 1) administrative & support staff who are involved in business writing in their area of work.
Who should attend
(Level 1) Admin & Support
(Level 2) Supervisors, Executives, & Emerging Managers
(Level 3) New Managers