Power Reading for Business
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with The University of Auckland Business School.Full disclaimer.
Strategies to power through your reading – and improve understanding
Do you feel intimidated by the volume of material that crosses your desk and computer screen each day? Is there so much to read, absorb, analyse, and retain but so little time?
If you could spend less time reading and more time comprehending the material sent to you, would that change your work life?
If the information explosion makes you want to run for cover, then power reading is for you. This system helps you get through your business reading in a fraction of the time it does now. And you won't just read more efficiently - you'll read with greater understanding and retention.
Power reading is not just speed reading. It's a way to help you concentrate and a way to help you choose only the most useful material to read.
As a power reader, you will:
- Understand why you read the way you do
- Retrain your brain to unlearn slow reading habits
- Understand the basic structures of writing, so you can find information quickly and easily
- Make your reading an active skill to increase your involvement and understanding
- Learn to adapt your reading skills for different needs
- Double your reading speed and increase your comprehension
This is a practical course where you’ll be able to learn and apply the learning directly back into your role.
- Be able to read and understand information much more quickly
- Focus on the key issues
- Release more time for other activities – or for yourself!
Your organisation will:
- Benefit from more efficient and effective information gathering
Who should attend
This Short Course will assist all those who have to deal with large volumes of reading material