Power & Leadership: Learn to be Powersmart
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Rady School of Management.Full disclaimer.
It will always test your character, sometimes corrupt, and possibly increase your lifespan. Power is widely recognized as the currency of the workplace. It is derived from many sources and in the hands of a skillful leader, provides a toolbox to get work done, with or without the legitimate power of command. Power and Leadership will explore the many sources and uses of power in modern organizational life and prepare you to be PowerSmart – better able to facilitate collaboration and innovation with a nuanced layering of hard and soft power tools.
- Reframe the workplace to update your thinking about organizations, culture and leadership.
- Explore sources of power and organize them into hard and soft power tools to understand how these combine to make you PowerSmart.
- Understand why position power becomes the least used source by the most effective leaders at any level.
- Discover how culture expertise may be the secret to building soft power tools.
- Identify your personal power motive and connect it to your career strategy.
- Investigate how the job of “getting there” might require different tools than “being there” and why bad habits in your power style might need to go.
Sign-up and learn to build and use power more effectively for yourself, your team, and your organization. Participants will build a stronger inventory of power tools, and learn how to combine power tools with knowledge of culture, situational awareness, and a bias for action to become PowerSmart.
Who should attend
This course has been designed for mid-level to senior managers and individual contributors eager to expand their leadership capabilities and increase their influence and impact at work.