Power and Influence: Take Your Leadership to the Next Level
This 2-day program, Power and Influence: Take Your Leadership to the Next Level, focuses on the ways in which power and influence dynamics can both serve and hinder leaders. The course goes beyond merely discussing theories and is designed to be intellectually stimulating as well as experientially engaging. You will gain new insights, skills, and capacities, enabling you to navigate power and influence dynamics more effectively while building up the skills and abilities of those around you. You will be provided with an overview of well-established research along with cutting edge findings from the fields of management and organizational behavior in order to help you maximize personal effectiveness and take your leadership to the next level.
What You Will Learn
- Recognize power dynamics in everyday life and unpack how they influence leadership abilities, including communication, conflict management, and decision making
- Review current research on the various determinants of power, including traits, habits, interpersonal styles, nonverbal behaviors, and strategic actions
- Understand the psychological consequences of having or lacking power and influence
- Master the mindsets that effective leaders employ to grow more powerful and resilient.
- Identify practical ways to strengthen and expand your professional network
- Understand (and avoid) the costs and pitfalls associated with power and influence
- Power Frameworks
- Power on Decision Making
- Alignment of Mission and Strategy
- Managing the Self
- Mindsets of a Leader
- Professional Network Building
- Influence and Persuasion
- Avoiding Pitfalls and Managing Setbacks
Using case studies, current business articles, in-class exercises, interaction and small group projects, our faculty will lead you to focus on the key knowledge and skills you need to understand and apply concepts to your organization's activities.
Who should attend
This program is for managers, directors and executives with at least five years of experience interested in improving their leadership skills as well as playing a more significant and impactful role in their organizations.