Power and Influence
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Carlson School of Management.Full disclaimer.
Proof positive that knowledge is power, power is influence, and together they create a clear path to your career objectives.
This course is proof positive that knowledge is power, power is influence, and together they create a clear path to your career objectives. For some, it’s more like an interstate highway, because the ability to influence others and communicate persuasively is critical to a leader’s effectiveness. To implement strategies, initiate changes, and execute decisions, you must possess the know-how, the skill—the power—to inspire others and shape their behavior.
- Power and Influence is a perennially-popular course at the Carlson School of Management:
- Participants learn to use practical tools to become more powerful and influential with coworkers, managers, and partners
- Lectures, discussions and live exercises teach you how to master and mobilize entire teams, departments, and organizations
- The course is led by a Poets and Quants award winner (for Best Faculty Under 40) who is a nationally-renowned expert on persuasion and social influence in organizations, and an instructor who routinely receives rave reviews course participants.
For the Partiicpant
- Learn how to acquire power and use it to your advantage
- Master leading others even when you lack formal authority
- Manage both team and interpersonal relationships more effectively
- Hone impactful presentation techniques
- Refine your EQ (emotional intelligence)
- Master practical tools for crafting strategic verbal and non-verbal communications
For the Sponsoring Organization
Power and Influence is an excellent way for you to engage and enrich your most promising employees with an innovative program from one of America’s premier business schools. It’s an investment that will produce long-term R.O.I.—underscoring your support for your top talent, demonstrating your commitment to their success, and inspiring them to make a significant impact on your organization.
Who should attend
This program is ideal for managers who have mastered technical skills but still want to become more influential and effective by improving their leadership and interpersonal skills. Power and Influence has been attended by CFOs, EVPs, HR and IT Directors, Supply Chain experts, and managers from virtually every sector. Most managers, directors, and team leaders will also benefit from this course.