Who should attend
- Minimum eight years of professional work experience
- Global exposure
- Written essays
- An updated resume
- Letters of recommendation
- University transcripts
All candidates who have received their bachelor’s or other degree or diploma from an education institution where English is NOT the primary language of instruction are required to demonstrate English language proficiency through ANY ONE of the following methods:
- Obtain a TOEFL minimum score of 550 for the paper based test or its equivalent
- Obtain an IELTS minimum score of 6.0 Obtain a Pearson Versant Test minimum score of 59
- Obtain a Certificate of Completion for a Certificate course offered by the Emeritus
- Submit a document which shows that the candidate has, for the last 24 months or more, worked in ANY ONE of these countries: Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, The Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, India, Ireland, Jamaica, New Zealand, Singapore, South Africa, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, United Kingdom, United States of America
About the course
The Postgraduate Diploma in General Management (PGDGM) is an intensive, one year, part-time, general management and leadership program that will help you step up to the challenges of senior management. The program is a blend of online and classroom sessions.
To ensure you gain a holistic view of business our curriculum covers all the subjects you would expect from a global executive MBA program, such as Finance, Marketing, Leadership and Strategy. But, to help you broaden your global mindset and have a greater leadership impact, we have also included important topics such as Effective Negotiations, Career Management, Innovation and Design Thinking, and Global Economic Environment.
- Financial Statement Analysis: Measuring & Interpreting Business Performance
- Financial Acumen (Corporate Finance)
- Marketing: Building and Managing a Customer Centric Organization
- Business Acumen Simulation
Strategy & Innovation
- Strategic Thinking: Building and Sustaining Competitive Advantage
- Design Thinking
- Business Analytics: Data to Insights
- Personal Leadership and Success
- Negotiation & Influence
- Leadership: People, Teams & Organisations
BENEFITS TO THE LEARNER
Enhance Your Career capital
- Professional acceleration through our enriched leadership toolkit.
- Learn while you earn.
- Get noticed. Get ahead.
- Understand how to manage your career & personal brand.
Enhance Your Social Capital
- Make new, life-long connections with experienced business people from a wide variety of cultures, industries, and backgrounds.
- Inclusion in the Emeritus Network
- Invitation to Emeritus alumni events globally including career panels, CXO speaker series, and industry interactions.
Manage Your Brand Capital
- A Global Business Education on your resume
- Top 10 percent of the class achieves the status of Emeritus Scholars determined by the overall diploma GPA
Deepen Your Intellectual Capital
- World class curriculum and teaching by faculty from MIT Sloan, Columbia Business School Executive Education, and Tuck School of Business At Dartmouth.
- Peer-to-peer learning through learning circles, classroom discussions, and project reviews.
- Selective entrance criterion ensures you learn with the best.
Marshall Goldsmith is a world authority on helping successful leaders achieve positive, lasting change in their behavior—for themselves, their people, and their teams. He is the author or editor of 34 books including the New York Times and Wall Street Journal best sellers, Mojo: How to Get It, H...
Bio Phil Stocken specializes in accounting and business analysis. He teaches accounting and financial management, analysis, and reporting in both executive education programs and MBA classes. He is highly skilled at conveying the essential information in financial statements and financial stateme...
Biography Professor Netzer's research centers on one of the major business challenges of the data-rich environment of the 21st century: developing quantitative methods that leverage data to gain a deeper understanding of customer behavior and guide firms' decisions. He focuses primarily on buildi...
Biography Gita V. Johar (PhD NYU 1993; MBA Indian Institute of Management Calcutta 1985) has been on the faculty of Columbia Business School since 1992 and is currently the Meyer Feldberg Professor of Business. She served as the school’s Senior Vice Dean from 2011 to 2014, as the inaugural Vice D...
Biography Adam Galinsky is currently the chair of the Management Division and the Vikram S. Pandit Professor of Business at the Columbia Business School. Professor Galinsky has published more than 200 scientific articles, chapters, and teaching cases in the fields of management and social psycho...
Prof. Katherine W. Phillips joined the faculty at Columbia Business School as the Paul Calello Professor of Leadership and Ethics in Fall of 2011. Before joining us here she was Associate Professor of Management and Organizations at the Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University and Co...
Bio Professor Andrew A. King conducts research on a number of topics related to business strategy. He is well known for his publications on business and the natural environment but he believes that his biggest impact has been as a mentor and advisor. His students are now distinguished academics a...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.