Who should attend
The diploma requires an undergraduate knowledge of statistics, (descriptive statistics, regression, sampling distributions, hypothesis testing, interval estimation etc.) linear algebra and probability.
Participants are required to possess an intermediate knowledge of Python since all assignments/application projects will be done using the Python programming language. Emeritus offers a complimentary Python for Data Science certificate course to meet this prerequisite. Participants who successfully complete this certificate course will receive a certificate of completion from Emeritus.
About the course
Data science and machine learning are transforming entire industries and becoming an entrenched part of everyday life. The data revolution has led to a spike in the demand for data scientists and machine learning practitioners that shows no signs of slowing down.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Data Science can help you meet this demand and accelerate your career in data science. Created in collaboration with Columbia Engineering Executive Education, the course will provide you with a deep knowledge of data science and machine learning concepts you can immediately put to work to solve data problems in your organization.
Emeritus and Columbia Engineering Executive Education
Columbia Engineering Executive Education is collaborating with online education provider Emeritus Institute of Management (Emeritus) to offer executive education courses.
An Emeritus Postgraduate Diploma contains multiple Emeritus Certificate courses created in collaboration with Columbia Engineering Executive Education, and may also include courses created independently by Emeritus. Upon successful completion, learners will be awarded a Postgraduate Diploma by Emeritus.
- Module 1 (Optional): Basics of Statistics & Probability
- Module 2: Tools & Data Management
- Module 3: Statistics & Exploratory Data Analysis
- Module 4: Fundamentals of Machine Learning
- Data Exploration using Lending Club Loan Data
- Data Management Using Northwinds Traders Data
- Data Wrangling using CNC Mill Tool Wear Data
- Hypothesis Testing using Cancer Atlas Data
- Natural Language Processing (NLP) implementation using Amazon product reviews
BENEFITS TO THE LEARNER
Enhance Your Career capital
- Professional acceleration through our enriched leadership toolkit.
- Learn while you earn.
- Get noticed. Get ahead.
- Understand how to manage your career & personal brand.
Enhance Your Social Capital
- Make new, life-long connections with experienced business people from a wide variety of cultures, industries, and backgrounds.
- Inclusion in the Emeritus Network
- Invitation to Emeritus alumni events globally including career panels, CXO speaker series, and industry interactions.
Manage Your Brand Capital
- A Global Business Education on your resume
- Top 10 percent of the class achieves the status of Emeritus Scholars determined by the overall diploma GPA
Deepen Your Intellectual Capital
- World class curriculum and teaching by faculty from Columbia Engineering Executive Education.
- Peer-to-peer learning through learning circles, classroom discussions, and project reviews.
- Selective entrance criterion ensures you learn with the best.
Hardeep Johar received an M.A. in Economics from the Birla Institute of Technology and Science and is a Fellow of the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. He received a Ph.D. in Information Systems from the Stern School of Business, New York University in 1994. Prior to joining Columbia, Joha...
Professor Vineet Goyal received his Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi in 2003 and his Ph.D. in Algorithms, Combinatorics and Optimization (ACO) from Carnegie Mellon University in 2008. Before coming to Columbia, he spent two years as a Postdoctoral A...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.