Comprehensive course analysis
About the course
- Unit 1 – Current themes in institutional investment management
- Unit 2 – Stock markets and equity investing
- Unit 3 – Fixed income portfolios and the art of lending
- Unit 4 – Introducing derivatives
- Unit 5 – Modern asset allocation strategies
- Unit 6 – Risk management of the institutional portfolio
- Unit 7 – Exploration of alternative assets: Progressive adoption of hedge funds, private equity and real estate
- Unit 8 – Further exploration in institutional asset management: Current topics of liquidity, asset allocation, risk, alternative investments and fiduciary responsibility
What you'll learn
- An online guide to the world of modern investment management.
- The course tackles the major issues currently impacting the investment management sector
- Get a practitioner-focused perspective on issues such as: Asset allocation strategies; Valuation methodologies; Performance management; Portfolio management approaches; Equity & fixed income investing; The role of derivative instruments; Risk management issues; The world of alternative investments.
Postgraduate certificate option
You have the option to receive a postgraduate certificate validated by Middlesex University Business School.
You will need to submit an additional marked assignment of 5000 words, based on a continuing case study that runs throughout the duration of the course.
How you’ll learn
- A new module is released every two weeks
- Read the units online, save them to your computer or print them out
- Study at your own pace
- Efficient and cost effective - no need to travel or take time off work
- Apply new skills and expertise to your work straight away
John E. Dunn, III, BA, MA, MA, is an international Institutional Investment Advisor living and working in Geneva, Switzerland. Having begun his career in the international investment banking and asset management field in the early 1980s, he worked in a variety of world class banks including Nomur...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.