Who should attend
- Senior managers involved in procurement/contract execution.
- Supply chain and administrative managers of companies in the service sector – public and private
About the course
This programme provides knowledge and skills to assure requirements in contracts are delivered, maximising value to buyer. The focus is on setting up contract execution for success, from start-up, to ongoing performance, and close out of the business relationship between the buyer company and its supply chain partners. The aim is to identify contractual and extra-contractual mechanisms for realising the objectives of the procurement and contract strategy, and exceeding the value delivery expectations to the contracting parties.
- Review procurement routes leading to award of contracts
- Different types of contracts and implications in execution
- Transition planning for incoming and out-going contractors
- Initiate Contract Start-up, meetings, roles, etc
- Manage Contract Performance and Relationship (including Ethics and Compliance)
- Contract clauses that govern control measures
- Forms of dispute resolution and application
- Ethical issues in procurement
- Contract close-out
Key Learning Outcomes
At the end of the programme, you will have the ability to:
- Develop and plan contract execution in line with contracting best practices.
- Manage contract implementation goals and objectives to achieve optimum value improvement.
- Execute contract award in accordance with the agreed terms and conditions.
- Understand ethics and compliance issues and dilemmas in contract management.
She holds an MBA from IESE Business School, Barcelona and a second Master’s degree in Applied Philosophy and Ethics (MAPE) from Strathmore University in Nairobi, Kenya. Prior to joining LBS, Rose had worked as the Managing Director of JMJ Consulting Ltd, a training consulting firm and as a Direct...
Dr Muogboh, initially joined LBS faculty in 2003 and served as a faculty member and the pioneer Director of the Doctorate programme. He taught sessions in the area of Operations Management, Project Management and Data Analysis. Prior to joining LBS in 2003, he worked as a researcher at the Automa...
Dr Frank Ojadi obtained a bachelor's degree in Engineering Physics from University of Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo University), MBA from the Maarstricht School of Management, Netherlands and PhD in Logistics and Supply Chain Management from University of Johannesburg, South Africa. He has been a facu...
Prior to his faculty appointment, Uche Attoh served on the Industrial Arbitration Panel, where, following a Federal appointment, he had for 8 years presided/participated in Tribunals constituted for the purpose of adjudicating over Trade Disputes and Labour-Management Conflict in accordance with ...
Read more about Transportation and Logistics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.