Who should attend
- Level 3 - New Managers
- Level 4 - Managers
- Level 5 - Senior Managers & Directors
About the course
The POSITIVE POWER & INFLUENCE� Programme is delivered in over 40 countries in more than 20 languages. This important development training programme is used by major organisations to give their Leaders, Managers and Key Personnel the skills and confidence to influence stakeholders at all levels - bosses, colleagues, subordinates, internal customers and external customers.
Participants will develop influence styles, techniques and processes, giving them the flexibility to influence effectively across a wide range of situations. They will learn how to diagnose situations to determine which style would be most appropriate and how to use it to achieve their objectives while building positive working relationships.
Benefits to You
Business Outcomes :
- Get ‘buy-in’ and support from stakeholders
- Manage stakeholders more effectively
- Lead others through change and uncertainty
- Adapt style of influence to respond to challenging business situations
- Mobilise resources and support from others to get things done
- Influence others without pressuring, pulling rank or resorting to aggressive behaviour
- Influence others regardless of their positions in the hierarchy
- Grow and develop leadership skills
- Secure co-operation and working together with each other
- Achieve a win-win outcome
Learning Outcomes :
- Learn to use positive power and influence to meet objectives and maintain or build working relationships.
- Learn an influence model for analyzing face-to-face situations.
- Assess which styles they use, overuse, misuse, or avoid.
- Refine present skills and develop alternative styles.
- Learn to analyze a situation and apply the appropriate style.
- Learn to influence others using personal power and using positional power positively when they do have it.
- Learn to expand the use of personal influence in daily work situations.
The core of the POSITIVE POWER & INFLUENCE Programme is the renowned Situational Influence Model™. This model highlights that we can apply a specific style best suited to influence each situation we face.
- Influence Self-Assessment
- Participants complete an assignment that analyses their current influence styles and assesses their strengths and weaknesses. These form the basis for their learning goals.
- The Situational Influence Model™
- Participants explore the Situational Influence Model™ and learn the behaviours associated with each style.
- Skill Development Practice Using Cases and Exercises
- Participants engage in intensive skill practice exercises to explore their ability to use the influence styles in role-plays of business and real-life situations.
- Application Planning
- Participants practise a real-life personal influence situation of their choosing, using a diagnostic checklist to evaluate which styles are most appropriate for this and other future influence situations.
As part of the training and learning during this course, photography and/or video recording of participants in action will be done.
Eric Ng is the President of a company that holds an exclusive license in Singapore with Situation Management Systems, Inc. – an international organisation specialising in Influence and Negotiation. He is a master trainer for the Positive Power & Influence® Programme and will help you learn an...
Bob Mittelsdorf is a Senior Training Consultant with ESSN, specializing in Leadership and Project Management. He is a certified facilitator for the Positive Power & Influence ® and Positive Negotiation Program ™. With over 30 years of experience in the management of large building projects, h...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.