Positive Leadership and Innovation
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Berkeley Engineering Executive & Professional Education.Full disclaimer.
This three-day experience unites the innovation process, leadership strategies and positive psychology to create positive work cultures where innovation can flourish. Using case discussions, hands-on collaborative exercises, and applied industry examples participants will explore the power of positive psychology and their own character strengths, understand the process of innovation, and utilize various leadership strategies to develop a personalized leadership development plan. The program will also incorporate networking opportunities that enables participants to create a community of like-minded professionals to foster continued learning and application of knowledge far beyond the three-day program
- Explore the basic principles of positive psychology and its application in organizations
- Understand the Innovation Process (idea generation, promotion, and realization)
- Learn how to cultivate the antecedents of innovation (creativity, engagement, and positive emotions)
- Develop a leadership strategy using cutting-edge delivery methods (appreciative inquiry, neuroscience, and mindfulness)
- Create your own leadership development plan to utilize program concepts immediately
POSITIVE PSYCHOLOGY AND INNOVATION
Be exposed to cutting-edge scientific research on positivity and innovation.
- Positive Psychology basics as they relate to organizations
- Understanding the Character Strengths framework and its application to Leadership
- The Innovation Process (idea generation, idea promotion, and idea realization)
ANTECEDENTS OF INNOVATION
Understand how certain cultural building blocks help create fertile ground for innovation.
- Creating a Culture of Engagement
- Fostering Creativity in the Workplace
- Building a Culture with Positive Emotions
Discover various leadership tools that will help you foster a positive innovative culture, high-performing teams, employee retention and impact ROI.
- Appreciative Inquiry
- Neuroscience for Leadership
- Mindfulness as a leadership Tool
A POSITIVE INNOVATIVE CULTURE
Create a plan of action to establish a Positive Innovative Culture
- Overcoming Obstacles to Creating a Positive Work Culture
- Create a Personal Leadership Development Plan
- Industry Mentors to help focus your Leadership Development Plan
- Certificate in Positive Leadership and Innovation
- Program is credit bearing (1 unit)
INDUSTRY ADVISORY BOARD
Unique to this executive education program is the industry advisory board. Comprised of diverse professionals who are interested in promoting the value of a positive workforce and its impact on innovation, the board provides input from an industry perspective on the program’s development and helps disseminate information about the program to the public.