Portfolio Concepts and Management
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans.Full disclaimer.
Portfolio management is a complex task with numerous decisions on how to allocate money in your fund. Portfolio Concepts and Management provides the core principles of portfolio theory and investment performance measurement, offering practical tools and experiences to help you make reliable investment management decisions. This program offers lecture/discussion sessions, problemsolving exercises and small-group case study sessions in a 3½-day format. Grow confidence in your ability to evaluate investments with a broad, fundamental understanding of investment products and practices.
- Introduction and Overview of Financial Assets
- Fundamentals of Portfolio Theory
- Performance Evaluation
- The Current Markets
- Matching Assets and Liabilities in Public Pension Plans
- Macroeconomic Issues and Financial Markets
- Fundamentals of Valuation
- Asset Allocation and Impacts of Risk on Return
Benefits of Attending
- Learn the fundamental concepts needed for effective portfolio oversight.
- Obtain a solid grounding in the principles of modern portfolio theory.
- Gain practical experience needed to make sound investment management decisions.
- Apply what you have learned in an interactive case study.
- Learn from world-class faculty who are skilled educators and researchers, award-winning authors and leading authorities.
Who should attend
This program is intended for those who have little experience with investment-related course work.
Fiduciaries from both defined benefit and defined contribution plans who represent various industries, sizes and geographic areas (United States and Canada), including
- Multiemployer and public plan trustees
- Administrators and fund staff
- Human resources and benefits professionals
- Corporate officers and executives
- Finance personnel
- Investment professionals