Who should attend
- Project management office and programme managers responsible for a portfolio of projects
- Resource managers responsible for providing personnel to work in a multi-project environment
- Mid-level and senior managers responsible for the implementation of strategy
About the course
Doing the right projects and doing the projects right.
Project management is increasingly being recognised as a mechanism for the implementation of strategy. Organisations are undertaking many projects concurrently to provide linkage between strategy and real organisational change.
Portfolio management focuses on the selection and prioritisation of projects to ensure that an organisation’s best resources are working on its most important undertakings.
Programme management provides organisational oversight, coordination and support of multiple projects to ensure that the portfolio is well-managed and to maximise the success rate of individual projects.
This is an interactive course that covers the theory and current practice of project portfolio and programme management. We make extensive use of case studies of real life situations and practical exercises targeting the assessment and evolution of portfolio and programme management in the participants own environment.
Tools and templates, including a succinct generic project management methodology, are provided for participants to customise and implement back in their own workplace.
- Organisational structure and capacity planning
- Project portfolio management – project selection, valuation, categorisation and prioritisation
- Project programme management processes, tools and templates
- Organisation quality management of the project management process
- Knowledge management – repeatable success
- Understand all aspects of portfolio and programme management
- Develop the ability to operate as a portfolio and programme manager
- Have the ability to implement or evolve portfolio and programme management in your organisation
Your organisation will:
- Achieve effective oversight and control of project management
- Develop a predictable management process leading to higher rate of project success
- Reduce costs, risks, and lead time to market
- Increase revenue and profit
Rob Verkerk has more than 30 years’ operational management, project management, event management and consulting experience. He is the Managing Director of Scope Services Ltd, a project management consultancy and training organisation. Rob is currently actively engaged in major project management...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.