About the course
Political institutions, organisations, NGOs and civil society are in a constant dialogue in modern democracies, online as well as analog. It is of course important not only what but how one communicates. Thus, each organisation/institution must make political communication a priority. The course will start off with introducing key concepts and development in communication by focusing on mass as well as digital communication. It will combine this learning with practical skills, i.e. writing press releases, framing and priming, developing a social media strategy, in front of camera training, communicating in times of crisis, with shit storms, etc.
This course enables students to understand the interplay/interdependencies between media, politics and citizens, both online and offline. It conveys key concepts such as the public sphere, media democracy and citizen engagement and combines it with practical experience and training.
This skills training is offered in the open enrolment programme and as part of the Executive MPA programme.
It can also be completed as part of the
- Certificate in Leadership and Management
- Certificate in Public Financial Management and Methods
- Certificate in Intersectoral Management
- Certificate in Public Sector Innovation
- Certificate in Global Policy & Diplomacy
- Certificate in Digital Transformation
- Certificate in Management in the Public Sector
- Hertie School Leadership Programme
- Hertie School Management Programme
- Hertie School Innovation Programme
Andrea Römmele is Dean of Executive Education and Professor for Communication in Politics and Civil Society at the Hertie School of Governance. Her research interests are comparative political communications, political parties and public affairs. She was Fulbright Distinguished Chair in Modern Ge...
Videos and materials
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.