Policies and Procedures
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Executive Development Center.Full disclaimer.
Business Guidelines for Employees and Managers
Policies and procedures outline how business is conducted within an organization by providing guidelines for both employees and managers. Policies and procedures can assist a company to grow and prosper or restrict growth and perpetuate ineffective practices.
The objective of this course is to understand how to draft an employee manual according to the needs of an organization. The development of well-defined employment policies and procedures is the hallmark of great employee relations.
- Pros and cons of an employee policies and procedures manual
- The uses of company policies as they relate to employee activities and employment related matters
- Decisions on whether or not to have a policy
- Steps for creating policies, establishing uniform, well-defined standards
- Reducing the risk of employee lawsuits and complying with state and federal law
- Enhancing the workplace culture through policies and procedures
Upon completion, you will understand how to create an employee manual with clear policies and procedures that meet the specific needs of your organization.
Harassment Prevention in the Workplace (CO220)
For employers, prevention is the key to avoiding illegal harassment on the job, including sexual, racial, religious, ethnic, age, disability, and other types of harassment. This interactive, one-day workshop examines the legal and policy concerns related to this complex workplace issue. You will review and explore:
- Inappropriate behavior that leads to harassment
- Laws, agency interpretations, and court cases
- Strategies for preventing harassment
- Harassment at the individual, group, interpersonal, and organizational level
- How to detect and resolve problem situations to avoid complaints and lawsuits
- Options for devising preventive education and training
What is unlawful harassment?
- The scope and range of inappropriate conduct
- Contrasting social with workplace behaviors
- Achieving mutual respect in the workplace
- Current federal, state, and local legal issues
- Current EEOC guidelines
- Understanding Supreme Court cases: Oncale, Ellerth, and Faragher
- The difference between sexual harassment and other types of illegal harassment
Employer responsibilities and employee rights
- Aligning policies to your organization's mission
- Defining roles and responsibilities of managers
- Developing procedures that will work
- Collaborating with legal staff and supporting managers
- Overview of conducting investigations
- Individual strategies for resolving conflict
- Taking appropriate action
- Avoiding retaliation
Who should attend
HR, EEO, and AA professionals and specialists responsible for harassment prevention and training; persons accused of harassment; all employees