PMP® Project Management Professional & CAPM® (Accredited)
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Vision West Nottinghamshire College.Full disclaimer.
The Project Management Institute (PMI) is a leading global professional membership organisation for project managers. This training series package includes all you need to prepare for both the entry level Certified Associate Project Manager (CAPM) exam and the advanced level Project Management Professional (PMP) exam (both payable), taking you from fledgling project manager to certified professional across a total of 28 video based courses.
Designed to fully prepare you to confidently take and pass these two PMI certifications, the training series in this package also include exam preparation materials including a final training exam, quizzes, exam questions, exam simulation and more.
What qualifications do I need?
To qualify for the entry level Project Management Institute CAPM certification candidates must have either (1) a secondary diploma (high school diploma or global equivalent) and 1,500 hours of professional experience on a project team, or (2) a secondary diploma (high school diploma or global equivalent) and 23 contact hours of formal project management education.
To qualify for the PMP certification candidates must have either (1) a secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree or the global equivalent), 7,500 hours experience leading and directing projects, and 35 hours of project management education or (2) a four-year degree, 4,500 hours experience leading and directing projects, and 35 hours of project management education. The courses within this training series will earn you 21 continuing education units (CEUs), which can count towards the education hours requirement.
Each training series will earn students 21 continuing education units, which can count towards the education hours requirements. As such, completing the CAPM training series is an ideal way to build the education hours that you need to continue on to the more advanced PMP certification.
Will it improve my career prospects?
Professional Project Management certification can lead to top project management jobs across all fields, including IT, sports, biotech, engineering, manufacturing, advertising, healthcare and insurance. A combination of both CAPM and PMP certification will demonstrate a wide range of knowledge, from the basics of project management through to the more advanced aspects of the role. As PMI certification is globally recognised, candidates can benefit from their exam success across the world, setting themselves apart from their uncertified peers with provable skills and experience. It’s also been found that PMP certification holders earn 17 percent more than their peers, according to the Project Management Salary Survey (8th edition), and with 1.57 million new project management jobs expected to be created through 2020, it’s an excellent career path to set yourself on.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Both training series cover the same core course subjects - at entry level for the CAPM certification and advanced level for the PMP certification. Working through both training series will ensure a strong foundation in project management, before progressing you to more advanced learning.
- Be guided through the exam application processes and exams.
- Look at the types of exam questions.
- Study organisations and project management.
- Look at the basics of project management.
- Understand the different types and aspects of project management including project integration management, project scope management, project time management, project cost management and project quality management.
- Continue to study further aspects of the role including project human resource management, project communications management, project risk management, project procurement management and project stakeholder management.
- Round-off your studies with a look at professional responsibility.
- Consolidate all your learning with final training exams to earn your certificates of completion.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Based on the information covered in the 11 areas of study used to formulate the exam, including the Guide to Project Management Body of Knowledge Guide.
- Prove your all-round knowledge of the project management profession’s global standard – from basic to advanced level.
- Demonstrate the standardised practices that have been shown to attain better results in project management.
- Achieve the contact hours required to sit the PMP by first working through the CAPM.
- Comprehensive presentation and review of the material covered in the PMP exam, including over 1300 exam review questions and a simulated final exam.
- Guides students through the application and registration process for both exams.
- Certification prepares candidates for roles in a wide variety of project management positions globally, with a reported increase in salary on achieving PMP certification.
- Training review quizzes and course workbook tools help consolidate learning.
- Pass the final training exams to earn your certificates of completion.
- Study online at your own convenience – this training series is ideal for a busy professional.
- Technical help is available if required.
Set yourself on the path to an exciting career in professional project management with this training series package that will prepare you for both entry level and advanced level Project Management Institute certification.
Units of Study
- Project Management Professional(PMP)
- Associate In Project Management (CAPM) Certification