Who should attend
- Project Managers
- Line Managers
- Aspiring Project Managers and Program Managers
- Risk Management Consultants
About the course
This PMI-RMP® Certification Training will help you master the processes of risk management, the structured and objective approach to addressing uncertainty in projects. You’ll learn how to conduct risk planning, identification and analysis, and control both known and unknown risks in projects.
- 13 hours of high-quality
- e-learning content
- 68 chapter-end quizzes
- 3 RMP® simulation exams
- Downloadable e-book
- Course completion certificate
- 32 PDUs offered
What are the PMI-RMP® course objectives?
Risk Management Professional certification demonstrates your knowledge and skill in assessing, identifying and controlling risks. This course will enable you to best use risk management principles to execute projects more successfully. You’ll learn to plan for each project with a structured approach that is unique to that project and learn to keep your team focused throughout the lifetime of the project.
You’ll also get an introduction into preparing for and taking the risk management examination, focused on five key domains: risk strategy and planning, stakeholder engagement, risk process facilitation, risk monitoring and reporting, and performing specialized risk activities.
What skills will you learn?
By the end of this PMI-RMP® training you will be able to:
- Identify qualitative and quantitative assessments of risk
- Develop and deploy risk mitigation strategies
- Ensure proper project planning, identify threats and opportunities, and analyze risk events and their potential effects.
- Learn to be more proactive to reduce costs, rather than reactive.
- Gain knowledge of risk management based on the PMBOK Guide and Practice Standard for Project Risk Management
- Pass the PMI-RMP Certification exam on your first attempt
Exam & Certification
How do I become an RMP® Certified Professional?
- Aspirants can get PMI-RMP® certified by following the below processes:
- Step 1: Visit www.pmi.org after completing the training
- Step 2: Register for PMI-RMP exam
- Step 3: Submit payment for PMI-RMP credential
- Step 4: Submit audit materials and supporting documents within 90 days
- Step 5: Take the exam at a Prometric Testing Center and get certified
PMI, PMBOK, PMP, PgMP, CAPM, PMI-RMP, PMI-ACP are registered trademarks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
What are the prerequisites for the certification?
The PMI–RMP certification requires: A minimum 4500 hours of professional project risk management experience within the last five years and 40 hours of project risk management education if you hold a high school diploma or equivalent.
3000 hours of professional project risk management experience within the last five years and 30 hours of project management education if you hold a bachelor’s degree or above.
Do you provide any practice tests as part of this course?
Yes, we provide 1 practice test as part of our course to help you prepare for the actual certification exam. You can try this free PMI-RMP® Exam Prep Practice Test to understand the type of tests that are part of the course curriculum.
Tim Jerome is an international project management expert with over 15 years of experience at companies like Intel and Digital Network Services. A former president of the PMI Rio Grande Chapter, Tim is also a PMP instructor with over 10 years of experience in addition to his extensive project mana...
Jeff Allen is a highly regarded project management and Agile expert with more than 15 years of experience at large companies like Compaq and HP. As an Agile Coach, he has mentored over 5000 professionals globally.
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.