Who should attend
This course is intended for engineers and pipeline construction personnel working in the oil and gas industry this includes: engineers, technicians, managers, supervisors salespersons, and inspectors. Anyone needing a basic understanding of pigging technology.
About the course
The purpose of this course is to provide participants with an introduction to pipeline pigging. The course is suited to participants from all walks of the industry and includes technical and practical information, including the application and concepts of pipeline pigging.
The course will provide participants with information to assist in making the right decisions in the selection of cleaning pigs and ensure the safe operation of existing pigging systems.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to
- Identify the critical factors that influence maintenance pig selection
- Specify the appropriate pigs to meet your maintenance pigging program objectives
- Recognize key pigging facility components and their functions
- Incorporate proven industry procedures into pigging operations
- Develop strategies to deal with stuck pigs
- Design and implement a progressive pigging program
- Introduction & History of Pigging
- What is a ‘Pig’?
- Development and reasons for use
- Different types of pig
- Pig Traps FE008 | REVISION 001 PAGE 3 OF 5
- Launch & Receive of Pigs
- When & Why do you Pig
- Review of Utility Pigs
- Feasibility and assessment processes for pigging projects
- Operational Conditions
- Effects on pig selection and feasibility
- Developing a Cleaning & Proving Pig Program Plan
- Planning a Pigging Project up to and including Inspection Pigging
- HSE during Pigging Projects & Environmental
- Safety Aspects
- Inspection Tools
- Pig Running
- Stuck pig
- Documentation and Record Keeping
- Pig Inspection Data Reports
- Planning and carrying out Verification digs
- Overview of Unpiggable Pipelines
- Intelligent Pigging
- History of Intelligent Pigging
- Types of Intelligent or Smart Pigging
- Using smart Pigs in Integrity Management Programs
- Analyzing and Using Inspection data
- Pigging Programs
- Routine Pigging Program
- Cleaning Pigging Program for Pipelines First Time FE008 | REVISION 001 PAGE 4 OF 5
- Cleaning Pigging Program preparing for the Intelligent
- Pigging Data Recording
- Pigging Accessories
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.