Pharmaceutical Commodity Supply Chain Management Program (pharmcom)
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Strathmore Business School.Full disclaimer.
A 2 week (10 working days) Competency-based training for Procurement Managers delivered by The Institute of Healthcare Management, Strathmore Business School.
The Internationally recognized Pharmaceutical Commodity Supply Chain Management Program is specifically designed to equip delegates with an in-depth understanding of supply chain operations and best practices. This course is designed by specialists in the field of Supply Chain and Management, and equips participants with practical learning’s to assist in elements of supply chain from operations and procurement to distribution and other key components of managing the health supply chain system. This course promotes a multidisciplinary and integrated approach in line with current trends.
The theoretical training consists of 3 modules, divided into the following 12 sessions:
• Module 1 Governance, Leadership and Strategy • Module 2: Management • Module 3: Health Commodity Supply Chain and Risk Management
Governance, Leadership and Strategy Competencies (2 Days)
- Session 1: Governance Standards and Structures in Health Care Organizations
- Session 2: Leadership and Change Management in Health Care Organizations
- Session 3: Thinking and Establishing the Value Proposition of Health Care Organizations
Management Competencies (3 Days)
- Session 1: People Management in Health Care Organizations
- Session 2: Financial Management of the Health Care Organization
- Session 3: Management of Technology and Innovation (Data Management and Analytics for Health Care Administration)
Supply Chain Management & Operations (5 Days)
- Session 1: Supply Chain Management-Introductory concepts
- Session 2: Risk management in Supply Chain operations
- Session 3: Quality Assurance and Monitoring of Drug Quality
- Session 4: Warehouse Management and Distribution Logistics
- Session 5: Controlling Drug Expenditures and Ensuring Financial Sustainability of Drug Supplies
- Session 6: Field visit (IHS warehouse, Nairobi)
Who should attend
The training is particularly relevant for staff members that are or may be involved in supply chain operations, procurement, distribution and other key components of the healthcare supply chain system. The training programme specifically caters for those candidates who wish to accomplish both theoretical and practical aspects of supply chain operations.