Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Rotterdam School of Management.Full disclaimer.
Discover how to master your internal power and political networks in this three-day, highly experiential persuasive leadership workshop. Through theatre-based methods you will learn fundamental knowledge of the structural, tactical and psychological dimensions of persuasion. Using established leadership theories of persuasion, influencing and corporate politics, you will be able to practise and build your influence throughout your organisation.
Conquering corporate politics
Do you find company politics and power structures challenging? Is your company experiencing increasing levels of volatility, complexity, and ambiguity?
Leaders in organisational environments like this need to be more aware of subtle stimuli and changes so that they can exercise influence rather than control. Being able to influence and persuade those around you is important for advancing careers, influencing policy and practice, managing change, and building relationships with existing – and potential – business partners.
In this intensive three-day RSM executive education course, you will learn the structural, tactical and psychological dimensions of persuasion. You will gain valuable experiences and leadership skills using a broad range of unusual but effective approaches and interactions, to act with greater confidence and tactical mastery within your organisation.
After this three-day management programme, you will be able to:
- use persuasive tools effectively
- develop your own persuasive leadership style
- avoid behaviour that is counterproductive
- lead and influence highly experienced people
- deal with corporate politics
- develop your circle of influence and expand it
- determine benefits and costs of various influence techniques
- diagnose the political influence network within and outside of your organisation
- develop and implement strategies to effectively influence stakeholders, including customers, colleagues and board members.
Who should attend
This programme is for senior managers, or those about to enter senior management, who have substantial leadership experience from any department, discipline, or industry. Experience in a multi-stakeholder environment is helpful, although not required. For example:
- department managers or directors seeking more influence at board level
- senior managers needing to develop more impactful messages and to convey them upward and downward in an influential way
- middle managers seeking to move upwards and needing to be influential and powerful through skilful communication
- senior managers, or those who are about to become senior managers, seeking a way through the maze of corporate politics.